Saturday, June 2, 2012

Trust Me To Procrastinate...



I'm joining the June Crusade! You can find it here at Anne-girl's delightful blog, Scribblings of my pen and tappings of my keyboard. I'm sorry it took me so long to post about it, but I haven't had a chance until now. Yes, and I'm a terrible procrastinator. But only with certain things. Sometimes I am very punctual or even early. But in this case, I am guilty of procrastination.



Oh, and just so you know, another popular name for the June Crusade is Camp NaNoWriMo. This is what most of the world calls it. :)


Now, don't ask me why I'm doing NaNoWriMo in June, especially since I just did it in April (by the way, did you know that April isn't normally a NaNoWriMo month? It's normally called Script Frenzy where you write an 100 page script in 30 days. Interesting, eh?). Where was I? Oh, yes. I don't really know why I'm doing this again. Fifty thousand words in thirty days. Wow. Really wow. I know. Amazing. And difficult.

Well, I guess I could say that I'm doing it again to actually FINISH the novel I began in April. The fifty thousand words I put into Children of a Legend in April was only about the first part of the story. Yes, first part. As in, there's more to my book than simply fifty thousand words. I've heard people make remarks on how they are to fill a full fifty thousand in one book, lamenting that their story may not be long enough. Well, folks... I have just the opposite problem. I have so much story that I'm afraid I'll run out of time and paper before I run out of words.


And this month, not to sound self pitying here, I wonder if time will run out before I hit the golden mark. As it happens, June is the busiest month for my family probably out of the entire year. I done a "bit o' figurin'" and there may be a total of 10 days out of the 30 day month that I am away from home and unable to write. Epic fail! 


But will I let this bother me? Of course not! I shall still endeavor to fling myself at that shining goal and whether I stretch out and cling to it an a last valiant attempt or miss the mark and fall in failure is yet to be determined. If I succeed, I shall rejoice exceedingly with a great joy, and if I fail, I shall rejoice simply in the fact that I got more done on Children of a Legend. :)




So, what about you? Are you or a friend participating in the June Crusade? What do you think of this crazy writing business? 

No comments:

Post a Comment