Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jumping On the Bandwagon... Time For My Tags!

Yes! I'm jumping on the bandwagon and participating in this tag question thingummy (actually, I'm not 100 percent sure what it is). I've had so much fun reading everyone else's answers, and now I've decided that it's high time for my answers. Enjoy! 


My Twelve Literary Characters:


1. Lucy Pevensie


2. Peregrin (Pippin) Took


3. Millie Keith


4. Mr. Woodhouse


5. Margaret Dashwood


6. Legolas Greenleaf


7. Elizabeth Bennet


8. Reepicheep


9. Mrs. Hyacinth Gibson


10. Noel Bastable


11. Nancy Drew


12. Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan



1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11? Would Legolas or Nancy make a better college professor? I doubt Nancy Drew (as portrayed by Bonita Granville) would hardly be up to the task of teaching at all, so I'd have to go with Legolas... as long as it was a class on archery or espionage or something of that sort.

2. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? Eowyn sends Reepicheep out on a mission. Hmm... I suppose Eowyn wanted a helper, just to make sure her cover as a man went unnoticed before she went into the battle of Pelennor Fields.

3. What is, or what would be, 9’s favorite book?  Mrs. Gibson's favorite book? Probably one on hairstyles, fashion, and romance, without any vulgar proverbs!
 
4. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6 or the other way around? Pippin and Legolas... hmm, both from the same movie! Both swear fealty to Frodo at Rivendell and Pippin later swears fealty to Gondor and Denethor, but they never swore fealty to each other. Would they? Most likely, though Legolas would probably go first.

5. Number 5 is looking for a roommate. Should she room with 4 or 12? Margaret Dashwood would definitely prefer rooming with Eowyn over Mr. Woodhouse!! She would rather take the swords and oliphants any day over no cake and reprehensibly open windows. 

6. 2, 7, and 12 are going out to dinner. Where are they going, and what do they discuss?  Pippin, Elizabeth, and Eowyn go out to dinner. At Pippin's suggestion, they would go to a buffet where he could get as many pints (of ice cream) that he wanted. The discussion between Pippin and Eowyn would most likely be memories of the War, while Elizabeth would bring along her favorite book to improve her mind.



7. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. Who wins? Millie challenges Noel to a duel. Not certain why a sweet Christian girl like Millie would want to fight, but the winner... I don't know. Millie shot a bear, but Noel would be more strategic and motivated to prove himself worthy of a princess. So, I'd have to go with Noel.

8. If 1 stole 8’s most precious possession, how would s/he get it back? Lucy stole Reepicheep's most precious possession... again, from the same movie! Reep's most precious possession would be his tail, but I don't think Lucy could steal that! Second, she'd have to go for his sword, but she wouldn't steal it without good reason, and Reep would only have to ask for it back.


9. Suggest a story title in which 7 and 12 both attain what they want.  Waiting For My True Love .... In both stories, both girls have to wait for the man they eventually marry... Lizzy for Mr. Darcy and Eowyn for Faramir. It would be an inspirational story for girls to be cautious as to how they give their hearts away.


10. What kind of plot device would you have to use to get 1 and 4 to work together? Lucy and Mr. Woodhouse working together? That would be interesting. I suppose if the cake went missing, Mr. Woodhouse would commission Lucy to find it and make sure no one ate it.

11. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would it go? Elizabeth for a visit? Yay! It would be so fun! Though for half of the time we'd read, and the other half we'd walk about our grounds wishing we were both at Pemberley (we have a smallish yard).


12. If you could command 3 to perform any service or task for you, what would it be? What would I command Millie Keith to do? I'd probably ask her to pray for me, to be a close friend, and to encourage and lecture me as she saw fit. And then I'd ask her to make me an emerald green silk ball gown that could double as a Robin Hood outfit.

13. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 or 5, what side would s/he choose?  Pippin has to choose between Margaret and Mr. Woodhouse. Mr. Woodhouse would be my first choice considering he and Pip both enjoy the comforts of home, but Margaret might need Pip to go a swabbin' for her, so that's the direction he would go.


14. What might 10 shout out while charging into battle? Noel Bastable's battle cry? "How I weep to see!" (Part of his poetry that would describe the battle's aftermath)

15. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8, what would it be? Haha! Reepicheep does have a theme song, but unfortunately, there aren't any words. But "Watch Your Footwork" would fit... Reep may look small and fragile, but watch out! He's got dynamite up his sleeve (or... fur?). :)

16. 1, 6, and 12 are having a dim sum at a Chinese Restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left , and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it? Lucy, Legolas, and Eowyn in a Chinese restaurant... not sure why fantasy people would be there, but I'll suspend my disbelief for the sake of this question. If it was a matter of speed, hands down: Legolas. Have you seen that elf shoot arrows? But throw some thoughtfulness and kindness in there, and Legolas and Eowyn would give the pancake to Lucy because she's the youngest.


17. What would 5 most likely be arrested for? Margaret Dashwood arrested? Killing Willoughby after he broke Marianne's heart. I knew Edward shouldn't have taught her how to use a sword! 


18. What is 6’s secret? Legolas's secret? Holding a grudge against Tolkien for never writing him into The Hobbit.


19. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first? Nancy Drew and Mrs. Gibson racing? I'd love to see that! Though, I've seen Nancy run, and I daresay she would far outpace Mrs. Gibson.

20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you be more comfortable walking with, 7 or 8?  Elizabeth or Reepicheep? Well, no offense, Miss Bennet, but in a bad neighborhood, I'd be much more comfortable with Reep at my side!!

2 comments:

  1. I think Noel Bastable is really funny. I really like his battle cry! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete