Yes, I am planning on doing NaNo this year! Even though I've completed it in April and June of this year, this will be my first time to actually DO NaNoWriMo. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I excited? Yes. Do I I have a plan for survival and success? Nope.
Again, I'm going to be working on Children of a Legend. My goal was to finish the first rough draft by New Years, but I don't think that's happening. What I've got left of the story to write is actually a lot more than another simple 50K words. This story may end up a series, rather than just one book. Oh, well... Little by little, I'll get it done, even if it means writing 50K words on it every NaNo-declared month.
|Say, look! A cover! Yeah, it's a cover... a|
So, if you've been wondering where I've been for the last couple of days, I've been in bed. Anne-girl was holding a swell Scribbler's Conference that I dearly wanted to be a part of, but I think I might have missed it. *sigh* I hope I'm not coming across as complaining, because I'm not. Well, maybe a little, but I didn't mean to. This is my life, I'm happy with it, but I would appreciate some prayer health-wise. I am so ready for this cold thing to be over!
But on a brighter note... the Keller Girls have tagged me with the elevensies tag! I'm having a lot of fun filling out these questions, even though I've already done it twice. However, in that light, I shall be skipping filling the eleven randoms, tagging eleven people, and asking eleven questions. I'll just answer the eleven questions. :)
1. What is your favorite way to spend Saturday? I don't think I have a favorite way to spend a Saturday. Whether it's waking up at our cousins' house after an epic sleepover, working outside with my family, or just spending the day with books or pens, I'm usually happy whatever happens.
2. Herb garden or Vegetable garden? I prefer the toil and smell of the herb garden, but would rather have the results of the vegetable garden.
3. Dill pickles or sweet pickles? DILL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! I can't stand sweet pickles, but I love dill pickles to distraction!
4. Coffee, Tea, Cocoa or Apple Cider? Hmm... I don't care for coffee or tea, and I'm allergic to chocolate, so I'll have to go with apple cider.
5. How many animals do you have? My favorite answer: None, unless you count my brother, Doofus. :)
6. If you can play a musical instrument what is it? I can play the piano very well, the flute and recorder well enough, and I was just given an old xylophone, so I'm learning that as well. I love music!
7. Knit, Crochet, both, or neither. My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was, hmm, oh, probably 8, and I've been knitting ever since. Yes, I enjoy it, though I've never learned how to crochet. I'd like to, someday...
8. Fancy scarf or plain scarf. Plain. Scarves are for warmth and necessity. Nothing else.
9. Do you speak any languages? I speak English (duh!), whatever French and Spanish I can remember from two years of study in each, pig latin, and duck language (that's how Donald Duck speaks, if anyone is interested).
10. What is your everyday job/chore around the house? Dishes. Always. With 8 people in one family, we go through an awful lot of dishes. However, at the moment, with pink eye, I'm not allowed to help. Not sure if I should count that epic fail or epic win...
11. What is your dream home? A large manor out in the country, new enough to cater to asthma and allergies and old enough to have a secret passageway.