Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Crusade Questions & Answers



This month, for some of us writers here in the wonderful blogging world, is the month of the June Crusade over at Scribblings of my pen and tappings of my keyboard!! Yes, I know we're crazy, but we love writing, and this is just the sort of challenge that we enjoy! (At least, I hope I'm not alone in this...) :)


What is the name of your novel? Children of a Legend


Are you doing the book in a month challenge? You could say that, or you could not say that. I'm doing the write fifty thousand words in a month challenge. I wrote fifty thousand back in April when I began Children of a Legend and now I'm trying to finish the book.


Name your three main characters. Not fair! My story has six or seven main characters! Oh, okay, I'll try to pick three... Davin, Rayne, and Brice.


Give a basic summary of the plot line. Sort of like a back cover blurb. An eventful trip to the capital city of Marndid reveals secrets from the past and throws Davin on a journey he never expected to take. Now, as the hunted son of the legendary Dragon Tamer, Davin must hide from the eyes of Lord Vernd, search out each of his five siblings who were scattered across the kingdom eighteen years ago, and unite them and the dragons who have retreated from mankind in an epic battle against evil.


Which character is your favorite so far? Probably Brice. His real name is Bricentus Holloman, he's Davin's best friend, and he's got a wonderful sense of humor. :)


Do you believe in assigned word counts and deadlines, or just writing whenever you feel like it? Both. Well, I tell myself I believe in both. Most of the time I just write when I feel like it (a.k.a. writing when I find the time) but for NaNoWriMo, there has to be some decency and order to accomplish the fifty thousand word mark.


What's your book's theme song? Hmm... the song that keeps playing in my head as I write this story is Forbidden Friendship from the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack. The song is absolutely beautiful, and I keep seeing Toothless as I write about Essore Midnight (my dragon). Please note: I don't wholeheartedly endorse HTTYD




What inspired you to write this? My inspiration? At the risk of being accused of insanity, I shall tell you... it was a joint effort from a kids' movie and a weirdish dream I had. The movie gave me this thought: a hero being pursued by a villain, and the hero having to find something and get somewhere before the villain caught him. Not very original, true. But then I dreamed a dream (yes, I am singing the song...) and this was thrown in: what if the hero had to find his six siblings first before going somewhere no one had gone before? 


Have ever read or seen Les Mis? I have neither read nor seen any Les Miserables things. I know about two songs from the production: I Dreamed A Dream and Bring Him Home. I recognize now from many recent blog posts by various blogs the names of characters and other songs from Les Miserables, and I'm sure soon I'll be wrapped up into watching it. Or them, as I've heard there's two adaptions of the concert and a new movie.


What author has inspired you the most? This is different than my favorite authors. I'd say that J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, E. Nesbit, Lousia May Alcott, etc. are my favorite authors, but the one author who I'd say has inspired me the most would have to be Beatrix Potter. Why? Have you never seen Miss Potter? Very inspirational movie for writers! Never give up even when everyone believes you to fail!



No comments:

Post a Comment