Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy July // June Crusade Recap

Whoa! When did July happen? Is it just me, or is this year just flying by? It's already half gone? Whew!

Anywhoz, I just wanted to pop on for a moment and say a few things. First off, I hope you all had a very fantastic Fourth of July! My family and I traveled out of state to spend the holiday with my grandparents. Coincidentally, my grandmother's birthday is also on July 4th, so we're celebrating two "holidays" in one. *grins* Yes, we may or may not have too much ice cream. 



A huge, big, glorious THANK YOU to Anne-girl of Scribblings for hosting another lovely June Crusade! I had immense fun with all my plot bunnies, and now my brain's buzzing wanting to write on all eight of them at once. My Little Writer is not pleased with me, but... *shrugs*

Just for fun... and for those who were curious... here is a quick overview of my plot bunnies for the Crusade (clicking on the titles below the pics will take you to my original posts for that particular story):



Who doesn't like the tale of Sleeping Beauty? *raises hand* Oh, me!! Me! And even though Tchaikovsky's ballet adds beautiful music to the story, it's still kinda dumb. So I'm retelling it... the way it really happened. 

MC: Troy Gregorick









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A big THANK YOU to Anne-girl for designing this cover!



Le'seur's Bells

Inspired highly by Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, this story sprung from the idea of telling a tale from the perspective of a deaf girl. How would she see the world? And more importantly, how would the world see her?

MC: Le'seur






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've always wondered what happened to the American Girls when they grew up. By general rule, I'm not huge on fanfiction, but too many ideas came for me to ignore. One month before Samantha turns 18, one very big historic event happened -- the sinking of the Titanic in April of 1912. 

MC: Samantha Parkington
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty and the Beast meets Pirates of the Caribbean... more or less. I began this as a possible entry for Rooglewood's BatB writing contest, and I'm having loads of fun with it. Currently, I'm at 7,100 words. 

MC: Bonnie Rose Allaway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 Allen's Revenge

Two brothers - orphans - want a new life, and who can blame them? They've suffered at the hands of cruel masters for far too long, and new opportunities on the lower island beckon constantly. There's just one problem: they can't leave together. And once they're apart, how long will it take them to reunite? 

MC: Allen Wolfhouse


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




This is kinda dystopian meets The Avengers meets The Scarlet Pimpernel meets... I'm not sure what else. A team of accidental superheroes, political groups intent on killing all Christians, and a boy named David that no one believes exists. 

MC: Jonathan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Who doesn't love fairy tales? And I especially love retelling them to fit my own desires. The Riddle is probably a lesser known fairy tale, but it's still pretty neat. Start with your basic storyline of an unsolvable riddle, give an old woman a few reasons for murder, throw in a band of relentless robbers, and you've got one retold fairy tale.

MC: Prince Rian Ro'de Lar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





I'll admit -- this one was way too much fun to dream up. A six-year old cellmate with a flair for Alice in Wonderland, and a Black Widow-ish character who gets stuck in a fantasy she despises. What's not to love?

MC: Agent 6-1-2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What about you? Who of my followers participated in the June Crusade? Did you manage all eight plot bunnies?

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. O_O THOSE LOOK SO COOL.

    I've seen everybody around the blogosphere doing the bunny thing but hadn't paid attention because I was busy, so I still have no idea what it was. XD But I have wayyy too many stories in the works already, so... ;)

    I LOVE FAIRYTALE RETELLINGS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criminal, Like Jellybeans is definitely my favorite!!

    P.S. I tagged you for the Liebster Award =)
    http://ashleyalphabet.blogspot.com/2014/07/oh-look-i-have-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. *applauds* Great job!;)
    I'm particularly interested in Beyond the Thorns, Le'seur's Bells, Samantha, and Criminal, Like Jellybeans:D

    ReplyDelete