Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Before I Kick the Bucket...

Idioms are so interesting, aren't they? Here in America, when we talk about dying, we usually accompany that with the phrase "kicking the bucket." Did you know that in France, a popular idiom for dead people is "eating daisies by the roots"? Just think about that for a moment. Language, gotta love it, right?


Anywhoz, I've been tagged, or I think I've been tagged, or I've seen this tag floating around for a while (take your pick), and now at length I'm filling it out. I like that too -- "at length" -- why don't people use this anymore?

Okey dokey... my bucket list. For the sake of a sensible post, I'm limiting my number of wishes on this list. For more, you can visit my Bucket List page or my Pinterest board. And these are in no order whatsoever.

Hasn't it ever bothered you that we don't know?

 YES!

 LOVE GRAND PIANOS!

 I've lived in the north most of my life, and I've never been ice skating. Can you imagine it?

 One day... I've never gone out of the Eastern Time Zone. Sad...

 Cinderella! Or Beauty and the Beast! Or Fiddler on the Roof! Or Singin' in the Rain! Or Peter Pan! Or The Sound of Music! Or... well, you get the idea.

 I'll get there one day!

 Based on my siblings' and cousins' wishes, this may happen... eventually.

 Who wants to sing the Hallelujah Chorus with me?? Or a Disney/Broadway song? Even if it's just a couple people on the sidewalk? Pretty please??

 Yes. Do you know how much fun this would be??

 Always wanted to try this!

 I love flying... so why not? :D

 INCLUDING ALL 3 HOBBIT MOVIES! All extended!!

 Do we need to explain this? No, I think not.

Love Alaska. Love huskies. This is just a given.

And a few without pictures...

Sing the Messiah with a ginormous choir. Actually, this may happen. The college I'm attending this fall is performing the Messiah in December. All I have to do is get into choir.

Fill an empty mayo jar with vanilla pudding. Eat it in public. *nods* Yes.

Learn to fence. And learn archery. Let's call it research for my books, shall we?

Lead someone to Christ. I've witnessed multiple times, but have never actually had the opportunity to see someone give his/her life over to the Savior. But, oh, the joy to be able to help someone recognize the power of Christ's blood!

That's it, folks! And now, if you haven't done this yet, I tag YOU! What's on your bucket list?

God bless!

9 comments:

  1. Ahem. Archery is a delightful skill to have. And I think it would be lovely to have an LOTR marathon with you. That would knock something off both our bucket lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!” That's what Lewis Carroll says, anyway...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Eating daisies by the roots" Bahaha!!

    Being in a flash mob would be awesome!!

    The mayo/pudding! :D

    Archery is, shall we say, not my strong point!

    Cool list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! :D

    It's crazy how similar we are. I basically want to do all these things. Riding in a hot air balloon is like on the top of my bucket list! And I've always dreamed of owning a grand piano one day. A masquerade ball! YESH. Why do we not have those anymore?

    I will totally be part of your flash mob. How epic would that be? (Let's just pretend I can sing, okay?)

    I might just have to steal this tag. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Post! :) Mine is on my blog if you want to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a Lord Of The Rings Marathon is definitely on my Bucket List!!!! Oh and swimming under a waterfall!!!!!! I LOVE waterfalls!!!!! Eating Vanilla Pudding out of a mayo jar in public!! My sis and I are definitely going to do that some day. It would be SOOOO funny!!!!!!! And oh, I REALLY, REALLY want to learn to sword fight and use a long bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I'm sorry for not commenting earlier on this post since I was the one *tagged* you, but we were away on holidays. (What an excuse!)
    Your bucket list is very scrumptious, but then so are all bucket lists, aren't they? :-)
    Bhahaa. That first one.

    I have done two things of your list... sang the Messiah in a choir (our Church does it every year- I know it pretty much off by heart now!) and we have a grand piano. I haven't exactly 'done' the grand piano thing, of course, but we have one. But what is ginormous?

    As for all the other ones.... no, but that's understandable. I'd LOVE to go to a broadway show! AND HAVE A BOOK I'VE WRITTEN MADE INTO A MOVIE. Arghhh! Why did you say it! I'm deemed to dream and bemoan the fact that it won't come true for the rest of my life!

    Ride a hot water balloon! I haven't even been on an aeroplane yet. :) Time will come, Naomi, time will come. Be part of a flash mob. Ha, I never thought of that. I wouldn't have the courage to start one though. Although it would be something I would dream of perhaps doing.

    I have a question, why is the name of your blog 'Lianne Taimenlore'? Does it mean something? It's very nice, but I was just wondering...
    And are you the blonde girl in the header? If you are, I can certainly say you're very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Naomi! And don't worry about it... I know I go weeks-to-months between comments, so... yeah... :)

      Ginormous is just another word for "big" or "huge." I just wanted to use a fun adjective.

      I've actually never flown in my life, so I guess it would be closer to the truth to say I love the idea of flying. I'm sure I'll love flying, too, but I guess I won't know the truth until I actually do it. Yes, you're right... one day!

      Lianne Taimenlore is the name of the main character in the first fantasy book I ever wrote. I chose it for my blog title mostly out of sentimental reasons, and because I wanted something that incorporated my love of writing/books/fantasy. Her story still needs a lot of work, but it was my first big one, and I was proud of it. :)

      And yup -- I'm the blonde girl! I made the medieval dress for a play my siblings and I did with our cousins, and we later did a photoshoot just for fun. Aw, thanks! You're so sweet!

      Delete
  8. Haha. Americans push up daisies and the French eat them by the roots. Do you ever get the feeling that French people are obsessed with eating?

    I've heard several explanations for why a raven is like a writing desk, but I think my favorite is "Because Edgar Allan Poe wrote on both." XD

    "Follow the yellow brick road!" That is too funny.

    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete