Since I've already done this so many times in the past, I think I'm qualified to skip the 11 facts. I've answered so many questions, I'm running out of facts about myself. *winks*
First off, from Robyn Hoode:
1. Do you prefer Winter or Summer?
Whichever season I'm currently in. Right now -- that'd be summer.
2. What is your favorite section of the bookstore?
Ooh! Good question! Probably the classics or fantasy or children's. What? Those are all excellent genres.
3. What is the most interesting non-fiction book you've read?
One that I really enjoyed was My Philadelphia Father based on the life of Mr. Anthony J. Drexel Biddle from which the old Disney musical The Happiest Millionaire came. You can read my review of it HERE.
4. What is the best writing prompt you've ever used?
Hmm... to me, everything is a writing prompt. I can get story ideas from the strangest places. One of the most recent came in this form from Pinterest:
And THIS was the story that resulted.
5. The farthest you've ever been from home (you don't have to say where you live)?
If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been. ~ Samwise Gamgee.
From my current home under the maple tree, I've been 15 hours away for a four day period. I'm expecting to be about that distance again when my family goes to visit my grandparents for the Fourth of July.
6. What do you do to keep yourself from being bored on long car trips?
What? You mean people get BORED on car trips?? I'm never bored; you can't be with a car full of eight people. We read, sing, listen to music, play the alphabet game, snack, etc. It's one of our favorite things to do!
7. If you could go back in time, what time would you visit and why?
To visit? Oh... so many choices! Let's say medieval just because I love the costumes, wide open spaces, and adventures.
8. On that note, would you consider yourself a Whovian? If so, favorite episode of Doctor Who?
Nope. Not a Whovian in any form. Personally, I can't understand the hype over reincarnated aliens with screwdrivers.
9. Favorite board game? Least favorite?
Favorite: CLUE. Because I always win. Least favorite: MONOPOLY. Because I always lose.
10. What is the longest book you've ever read and about how many pages long was it?
If we're just talking all books, it'd be the Bible with over 1,000 pages. I've read through mine... I think five times now. Other than that, I think the longest was probably Bleak House. My copy was 860-something pages.
11. Which famous author would you want to read your books and give you feedback?
Tolkien!! Oh, wait... he can't. But I still want his feedback.