Monday, July 28, 2014

Interview with Tabetha and Melisza


It is my great pleasure to introduce you to two of Kendra's marvelous characters, both of whom make an appearance in her story The New Division. You can learn more about this story on Kendra's blog, so be certain to visit. And yes, if you didn't know this already, this post is part of Kendra's big (as my friend Kathryn dubbed it) 5&3 celebration (5 years a blogger, 3 years an author).  
Today's interview is with Tabetha Harsha and Melisza Lilna, two girls who, despite their friendship, end up on opposite sides of the division.

Tabetha {source}
1. What's your favorite memory?

Melisza: We didn't have a very bright childhood - we've grown up at an orphanage - but I do remember one time Mrs. Arden let me try on some of her jewels - she and her husband used to be rich, but their company fell through with the Great Depression. She's sold most of them by now, to help keep us children fed, but they were oh, so pretty.

Tabetha: There was an older girl who used to pick on us, because we looked different, because we didn't speak English very well. I remember well the day when I was strong enough to make her shut up.

Melisza: You got in big trouble for that.
Tabetha: But she never bothered us again, so it was worth it.

2. If you knew you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today? What would be your biggest regret?

Melisza: I would do something, anything to ... just be friends with Tabetha again. Just one more time. It's not her fault that she's a Harsha, any more than it's mine that I'm a Lilna. My biggest regret is that I've allowed them to make her a servant. I'm sure there's something I could do about it, but ...

Tabetha: Jaqob and I can handle ourselves, you don't have to worry about us, Lisza. 
Melisza: But it is wrong.

Tabetha: We're fine. If I were to die tomorrow, I would take some of those stuck-up Lilnia with me, and my greatest regret would be that I've allowed them to lord over me. Not Melisza, though. It's not her fault. Alistaar is another issue, but Melisza just needs to stay out of trouble.
Melisza {source}
3. Any special significance about your name?

Tabetha: I'm named after one of Kendra's best friends as a kid, but other than that, not really. 
Melisza: Same here, except that it was a lady at church that Kendra highly respects.

~*~*~*~
Be sure to check back in the next few days as I'll be interviewing more of Kendra's characters! And make sure you get on over to Knitted By God's Plan for more party fun! Kendra's introducing new games and other fantastical posts!


And just for fun, here's the mock cover I made for this story. I stole the picture off Kendra's Pinterest page and had fun with it. Technically, it's wrong because the trees in the story don't look like that, but I still thought it was a cool picture. And yes, I was pleased with how the cover as a whole turned out. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment