Sunday, November 24, 2013

MEC Day 24: Best One Does Not Simply

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Great Eye is ever watchful. 'Tis a barren wasteland, riddled with ash and smoke. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly."


Boromir probably never knew he'd become an internet meme when he said those fateful words. So, which of these memes is my favorite? Read on, Lizzie! I'll get to that eventually.




First off, we must show this to give you all the terrible truth. Indeed, the popular picture of Boromir is paired up with the wrong quote. It drove me nuts for a while to see people misusing and misquoting that scene, but I've learned to tolerate it now. Besides, most of these are too good not to love!


Who even thinks of these things??


Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming... to Mordor?


I found this one recently and could not stop laughing!!

THE TRUTH. Anyone else done this??

One does not simply mispell Nutella.
One does not simply misspell "misspell."
*grins*

And my personal favorites, between which I could not choose for this post, not even for the sake of the challenge.

Epic. Just epic. I have no other words.

I'll admit it... I fell for it first time around.

For more details about the 30 Day Middle-Earth Challenge, please visit here!

Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment