This seems to be the set time for elevensies! I've already filled it out here, so if you wish to bring to mind all that I said before, you're welcome to go visit there before continuing here.
This first set of elevensies questions came from the lovely Maryanne, whom you can read more about on Kendra's wonderful blog. And instead of being directed to me as the writer, they were directed to my character, Lianne, who in this very blog post, makes her big debut of finally having her own voice on my blog. Can't imagine why I haven't done any posts from my characters' POV... hmm... maybe I should fix that.
As always, rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you must post eleven facts about yourself.
- Then, you must answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you and make eleven questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Next, tag eleven more bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you have tagged them.
- No tagging back
Anywho, here's Lianne, folks! And I promise I will keep silent until it is my turn to answer questions.
Thank you, Kiri Liz. That is most generous. Do I sense a dash of sarcasm, Lianne? I thought you promised to be quiet. I... ugh.
Eleven random facts...
1. I can play the flute.
2. I would rather wear leather tunics and breeches over a fancy dress.
3. I know what it is like to be without parents, as my father is away most of the time on journeys and my mother died when I was only an infant.
4. Please allow me to amend that last statement: my father was drowned in a shipwreck only too recently, so the void of being without parents is even greater.
5. I did not believe that fairies existed until I met two of them.
6. The two faires, Jelly and Gerkhin, have quickly become my best friends, and they can make me laugh whenever I feel downcast.
7. I am not fond of snakes.
8. Since the sea swallowed my father, I have borne a bitter fear of the water. I never wish to venture out over the waves.
9. I have often wondered why I am one of the characters Kiri has written about least in the last two years, when I'm one of her favorites, and the name of her blog even bears my name!
10. When I asked her about this, she told me that it was because my story, started in haste, was in great need of revision.
11. My heart is gladdened to hear that she has wonderful ideas for rewriting my story and making it much, much better. She is, although a trifle exasperating, a wonderful girl.
The eleven questions from Maryanne...
1. How many knives do you usually have concealed on your person? I'm not going to ask where you conceal them, but if you want to answer that, you may. At the moment, none. I have only used a knife once in my life, and that one experience was terrifying to say in the least. I much prefer to use my bow and arrows.
2. How many times have you run away from home? Do you ask your parents permission before you do so? I would rather not have to run away at all, but after an unfortunate event, I was forced to flee my home, and did so without consulting my parents.
3. What is your rank and station in life? I am a princess, the only child of King Leroy Taimenlore of Kesia.
4. Do your cousins like you? I don't know if I have any cousins. Kiri knows but she hasn't told me yet. Point for me! Shh! Sorry.
5. How many siblings do you have and do they like you? None that I know of. When I was younger, I often wished for a sibling. There is hardly anyone near my age in Dilean, and I was usually without a playmate. I recall lying awake at night, singing Kesia's prophecy to myself and wishing that the two mentioned in the song were myself and my sibling. But it was only a dream.
6. How many pets do you have? What are they and what are their names? One; she is a magnificent, pure white mare. Her name is Brina, which means "white" in the elven language.
7. Can you dance? Sing? Fight? I absolutely detest dancing and am not very skilled at it. Singing I enjoy sometimes, and I have been told that I have a fairly decent voice. I didn't know that. Well, obviously, you neglected to listen to Madam Connin at my last music lesson. So? Who listens to her anyway? I understand your meaning, Kiri, but you're breaking your promise again. Oops! Sorry! Fighting is something new to me, as I have only been involved in a few skirmishes. I am a excellent shot with the bow, but when it comes to swords and knives, I am almost useless.
8. How many adventures have you gone on? One... so far. Although I may wish for the comforts of home, I suspect that adventures will not stay away from my door. It is impossible for me to avoid them.
9. You enjoyed them? Right? Define "enjoyed." I enjoyed my adventure to the extent of meeting new friends, tasting new foods, seeing new lands, etc. However, I could very well do without the endless days on the road, the dark intruders in the night, the wild beasts, and the malicious men intent on my capture.
10. Can you hop on one foot? Is this a sensible question? I deem not. Hopping on one foot is a rather easy occupation, but not one that I would call a worthwhile hobby.
11. How many languages do you speak? One, the common tongue of Kesia. It is the common tongue for most of the kingdoms and countries surrounding us. The language I am trying to learn and long to learn is that of the Elves. It is a complicated, beautiful language, and it is my utmost desire to be able to speak it fluently.
I have no wish to tag eleven people as I know not eleven people on this thing Kiri calls the internet. As this is my first time to be a part of it, I will forego the tag and questions to others. I hope you don't mind.
And I'm back! Sorry about the interruptions; usually when I make a promise, I never, ever break that promise. Ever. I just couldn't help coming in with some side comments. *ahem*
These questions came from Bekah over at Heart of Ink! Thanks for tagging me, Bekah! I know I've said this before, but I really do enjoy answering all these questions! :)
Oh, and by the way, these questions also came with the lovely Liebster Award! So, again, thanks, Bekah, for the award!!
I wasn't going to fill out the eleven random facts, but as I sat here, thinking that I would skip it, random facts came to me, so I'm going to do them.
1. The last two days have been utterly miserable for me.
2. Why? Because I've been sick.
3. That's why you haven't seen me on blogger or anywhere online recently.
4. Yep, I had the entire package: a fever that lasted two days with alternate fits of sweats and freezes, sore throat, coughing, runny nose, ear aches, headaches, aches everywhere aches could be found, itchy eyes that threatened to go into conjunctivitis, etc.
5. I passed the time listening to the dramatized Narnia series by Focus on the Family. Love the Radio Theatre!
6. Their dramatized Christmas Carol is really good, too!
7. Today I'm feeling much better (praise the Lord!!), and in light of what's happening tonight (see fact #8), I have been taking as much medicine as my dad has allowed me.
8. Our church is hosting a Pie and Cider Fellowship tonight, and in addition to our church family being there and some other good friends, my dad/pastor also invited another church to join us for some pie and fellowship.
9. I'm really looking forward to it!
10. Because I love cider and pie!
11. My favorite pies are the following: blueberry, peach, pumpkin, and chocolate pudding. I can no longer eat the chocolate pudding pie due to allergies, but I still love it.
Bekah's eleven questions: