Friday, October 26, 2012

More Elevensies...

This seems to be the set time for elevensies! I've already filled it out here, so if you wish to bring to mind all that I said before, you're welcome to go visit there before continuing here. 

This first set of elevensies questions came from the lovely Maryanne, whom you can read more about on Kendra's wonderful blog. And instead of being directed to me as the writer, they were directed to my character, Lianne, who in this very blog post, makes her big debut of finally having her own voice on my blog. Can't imagine why I haven't done any posts from my characters' POV... hmm... maybe I should fix that. 

As always, rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you must post eleven facts about yourself.
- Then, you must answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you and make eleven questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Next, tag eleven more bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you have tagged them.
- No tagging back


Anywho, here's Lianne, folks! And I promise I will keep silent until it is my turn to answer questions.

Thank you, Kiri Liz. That is most generous. Do I sense a dash of sarcasm, Lianne? I thought you promised to be quiet. I... ugh.

Eleven random facts...

1. I can play the flute.

2. I would rather wear leather tunics and breeches over a fancy dress. 

3. I know what it is like to be without parents, as my father is away most of the time on journeys and my mother died when I was only an infant.

4. Please allow me to amend that last statement: my father was drowned in a shipwreck only too recently, so the void of being without parents is even greater.

5. I did not believe that fairies existed until I met two of them.

6. The two faires, Jelly and Gerkhin, have quickly become my best friends, and they can make me laugh whenever I feel downcast.

7. I am not fond of snakes.

8. Since the sea swallowed my father, I have borne a bitter fear of the water. I never wish to venture out over the waves. 

9. I have often wondered why I am one of the characters Kiri has written about least in the last two years, when I'm one of her favorites, and the name of her blog even bears my name!

10. When I asked her about this, she told me that it was because my story, started in haste, was in great need of revision.

11. My heart is gladdened to hear that she has wonderful ideas for rewriting my story and making it much, much better. She is, although a trifle exasperating, a wonderful girl.

The eleven questions from Maryanne...

1. How many knives do you usually have concealed on your person? I'm not going to ask where you conceal them, but if you want to answer that, you may. At the moment, none. I have only used a knife once in my life, and that one experience was terrifying to say in the least. I much prefer to use my bow and arrows.

2. How many times have you run away from home? Do you ask your parents permission before you do so? I would rather not have to run away at all, but after an unfortunate event, I was forced to flee my home, and did so without consulting my parents.

3. What is your rank and station in life? I am a princess, the only child of King Leroy Taimenlore of Kesia.

4. Do your cousins like you? I don't know if I have any cousins. Kiri knows but she hasn't told me yet. Point for me! Shh! Sorry.

5. How many siblings do you have and do they like you? None that I know of. When I was younger, I often wished for a sibling. There is hardly anyone near my age in Dilean, and I was usually without a playmate. I recall lying awake at night, singing Kesia's prophecy to myself and wishing that the two mentioned in the song were myself and my sibling. But it was only a dream.

6. How many pets do you have? What are they and what are their names? One; she is a magnificent, pure white mare. Her name is Brina, which means "white" in the elven language.

7. Can you dance? Sing? Fight? I absolutely detest dancing and am not very skilled at it. Singing I enjoy sometimes, and I have been told that I have a fairly decent voice. I didn't know that. Well, obviously, you neglected to listen to Madam Connin at my last music lesson. So? Who listens to her anyway? I understand your meaning, Kiri, but you're breaking your promise again. Oops! Sorry! Fighting is something new to me, as I have only been involved in a few skirmishes. I am a excellent shot with the bow, but when it comes to swords and knives, I am almost useless.

8. How many adventures have you gone on? One... so far. Although I may wish for the comforts of home, I suspect that adventures will not stay away from my door. It is impossible for me to avoid them.

9. You enjoyed them? Right? Define "enjoyed." I enjoyed my adventure to the extent of meeting new friends, tasting new foods, seeing new lands, etc. However, I could very well do without the endless days on the road, the dark intruders in the night, the wild beasts, and the malicious men intent on my capture.

10. Can you hop on one foot? Is this a sensible question? I deem not. Hopping on one foot is a rather easy occupation, but not one that I would call a worthwhile hobby.

11. How many languages do you speak? One, the common tongue of Kesia. It is the common tongue for most of the kingdoms and countries surrounding us. The language I am trying to learn and long to learn is that of the Elves. It is a complicated, beautiful language, and it is my utmost desire to be able to speak it fluently.

I have no wish to tag eleven people as I know not eleven people on this thing Kiri calls the internet. As this is my first time to be a part of it, I will forego the tag and questions to others. I hope you don't mind. 

And I'm back! Sorry about the interruptions; usually when I make a promise, I never, ever break that promise. Ever. I just couldn't help coming in with some side comments. *ahem*

These questions came from Bekah over at Heart of Ink! Thanks for tagging me, Bekah! I know I've said this before, but I really do enjoy answering all these questions! :)



Oh, and by the way, these questions also came with the lovely Liebster Award! So, again, thanks, Bekah, for the award!!

Rules:

1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers. 
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.

Those eleven, lucky girls that I tagged in my first elevensies tag, consider yourselves the latest recipients of the Liebster Blog Award! Congrats, and please enjoy it! And no, I will not require you to answer eleven questions as I already gave you eleven questions in the first post.


I wasn't going to fill out the eleven random facts, but as I sat here, thinking that I would skip it, random facts came to me, so I'm going to do them. 

1. The last two days have been utterly miserable for me.

2. Why? Because I've been sick.

3. That's why you haven't seen me on blogger or anywhere online recently.

4. Yep, I had the entire package: a fever that lasted two days with alternate fits of sweats and freezes, sore throat, coughing, runny nose, ear aches, headaches, aches everywhere aches could be found, itchy eyes that threatened to go into conjunctivitis, etc.

5. I passed the time listening to the dramatized Narnia series by Focus on the Family. Love the Radio Theatre! 

6. Their dramatized Christmas Carol is really good, too!

7. Today I'm feeling much better (praise the Lord!!), and in light of what's happening tonight (see fact #8), I have been taking as much medicine as my dad has allowed me.

8. Our church is hosting a Pie and Cider Fellowship tonight, and in addition to our church family being there and some other good friends, my dad/pastor also invited another church to join us for some pie and fellowship.

9. I'm really looking forward to it! 

10. Because I love cider and pie!

11. My favorite pies are the following: blueberry, peach, pumpkin, and chocolate pudding. I can no longer eat the chocolate pudding pie due to allergies, but I still love it.

Bekah's eleven questions:


1. Hunger Games or Harry Potter? Neither. Hunger Games is a whole can of worms that I haven't addressed here on my blog yet, but I do not approve of the violent theme and immoral activity within the series. Harry Potter, however, I have spoken of, mainly in my big magic post. I cannot read/watch HP in good faith because it is witchcraft. There's actually more reasons than that why I don't do HP, but we'll leave it at that for now.

2. Lord of the Rings or Narnia? Umm... both! I don't think I could choose between them!

3. Movies or books? Books. Although movies are fun, if I had to chose only one, I'd go with books.

4. What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Mostly soundtracks. And some classical. I would listen to more musicals, but I've found that when I put on songs with words, I tend to start singing and neglect writing. Yeah... (sheepish grin). So, it's easier to write with just the orchestra in the background. Some of my favorite writing music: HTTYD, the instrumental pieces from Tangled, Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), The Chronicles of Narnia, some of The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, and Gettysburg. Other specific songs include Page 47 from National Treasure, Main Title from Fireproof, and Alice's Theme from Alice in Wonderland (2011). Please note that I don't endorse all these movies. 

5. Winter or summer? Winter. I love the snow, and I would much rather be cold than hot!

6. Cursive or print? I find it easier to write in cursive. I've kept a daily journal (emphasis on the word daily) since August of 2008, and it's faster for me to write in cursive than print. However, when I'm writing poetry, I usually write that in all caps print.

7. Keyboard or writing by hand? Depends on what I'm writing. Stories and novels? Definitely keyboard. Poems and essays and shorter pieces? Usually by hand.

8. If the villain from your favorite movie/book series right now came walking through your front door as you're reading this question, what would you do? Me: "You're s'posed to be dead!" Villain: "Am I not?" Actually, that villain would happen to be Sauron from LOTR, and he technically doesn't have legs so he can't walk... where am I trying to go with this?

9. Mexican or Chinese food? Mexican. Chinese food, unfortunately, has an over abundance of soy.

10. Cake or ice cream? Ice cream, if we're just talking plain here. Frozen cake, if we go a bit deeper. I love frozen cake! And yes, I'm one of those rare people who enjoy eating cake with a spoon and ice cream with a fork. I don't know why, but I just do.

11. Candy or chips? Chips, chips, chips!! I've never been a fan of candy, but I have heard many times said by my mother that our family could not survive without chips. We're a huge chip-eating family!

Thanks for reading and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Maryanne here, thanks to Kendra letting me use the computer to comment on Lianne's questions. I completely understand being a favorite character, yet not being written about. My author uses the excuse that I'm not born yet ... And that question about hopping on one foot ... I love asking people random questions. It makes people stop and go ... what???? It's quite fun, you ought to try it some time. And I went and read the prophesy. It's quite pretty. Oh, and you're not missing out on anything when it comes to siblings. They're awful things. Pull your hair ... make you drink nasty medicine ... make you rescue their dolls for them ... Hey, don't look at me like that Kendra. Okay, okay, I do like them ... somewhat ... Anyways ... I actually have never mastered the bow. My brother says it's because my eyes don't focus properly, so I can't aim well. That's why I stick with my knives and sword ... Oh, Kendra says that my comment is getting too long, so I must take my leave of you. Trait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry and pumpkin pie are two of my favorites, too!

    Hahaha, Sauron.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I loved reading Lianne's answers!!

    ReplyDelete