Monday, October 29, 2012

Challenge Accepted


Yes, I am planning on doing NaNo this year! Even though I've completed it in April and June of this year, this will be my first time to actually DO NaNoWriMo. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I excited? Yes. Do I I have a plan for survival and success? Nope.

Again, I'm going to be working on Children of a Legend. My goal was to finish the first rough draft by New Years, but I don't think that's happening. What I've got left of the story to write is actually a lot more than another simple 50K words. This story may end up a series, rather than just one book. Oh, well... Little by little, I'll get it done, even if it means writing 50K words on it every NaNo-declared month.


Say, look! A cover! Yeah, it's a cover... a
spur-of-the-moment-whatever cover.
However, my recent future isn't very bright. I'm really looking forward to participating in NaNo, but I'm not exactly looking forward to the first week. Remember that cold I said I had back in one of my last posts? Yeah, it hasn't gone away yet. You might say it's gotten worse. I've finally ditched the fever and the aches, but to replace them I've got conjunctivitis in BOTH eyes and a really bad ear ache. I don't know if it's an ear infection or not, but the pain level was high enough that I was concerned the ear drum might rupture. And yes, my ear drum has ruptured before so I know what that feels like. And no, it was not pleasant. Quite highly the opposite.

So, if you've been wondering where I've been for the last couple of days, I've been in bed. Anne-girl was holding a swell Scribbler's Conference that I dearly wanted to be a part of, but I think I might have missed it. *sigh* I hope I'm not coming across as complaining, because I'm not. Well, maybe a little, but I didn't mean to. This is my life, I'm happy with it, but I would appreciate some prayer health-wise. I am so ready for this cold thing to be over!

But on a brighter note... the Keller Girls have tagged me with the elevensies tag! I'm having a lot of fun filling out these questions, even though I've already done it twice. However, in that light, I shall be skipping filling the eleven randoms, tagging eleven people, and asking eleven questions. I'll just answer the eleven questions. :)


1. What is your favorite way to spend Saturday? I don't think I have a favorite way to spend a Saturday. Whether it's waking up at our cousins' house after an epic sleepover, working outside with my family, or just spending the day with books or pens, I'm usually happy whatever happens. 

2. Herb garden or Vegetable garden? I prefer the toil and smell of the herb garden, but would rather have the results of the vegetable garden.

3. Dill pickles or sweet pickles? DILL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! I can't stand sweet pickles, but I love dill pickles to distraction!

4. Coffee, Tea, Cocoa or Apple Cider? Hmm... I don't care for coffee or tea, and I'm allergic to chocolate, so I'll have to go with apple cider. 

5. How many animals do you have? My favorite answer: None, unless you count my brother, Doofus. :)

6. If you can play a musical instrument what is it? I can play the piano very well, the flute and recorder well enough, and I was just given an old xylophone, so I'm learning that as well. I love music!

7. Knit, Crochet, both, or neither. My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was, hmm, oh, probably 8, and I've been knitting ever since. Yes, I enjoy it, though I've never learned how to crochet. I'd like to, someday...

8. Fancy scarf or plain scarf. Plain. Scarves are for warmth and necessity. Nothing else.

9. Do you speak any languages? I speak English (duh!), whatever French and Spanish I can remember from two years of study in each, pig latin, and duck language (that's how Donald Duck speaks, if anyone is interested).

10. What is your everyday job/chore around the house? Dishes. Always. With 8 people in one family, we go through an awful lot of dishes. However, at the moment, with pink eye, I'm not allowed to help. Not sure if I should count that epic fail or epic win...

11. What is your dream home? A large manor out in the country, new enough to cater to asthma and allergies and old enough to have a secret passageway.

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Great cover!! I hope you can get a lot of progress done this month! I'm sorry about your cold and such. Ugh, I'm fighting one right now, and my off and on earache flared up.

    I agree with you on Dill pickles .... and while I can't speak like Donald, I can sound like an evil duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're really going through it with that cold. I hope it all goes away soon. I'll definitely be praying that you'll get better quickly! What a terrible time to be sick indeed with NaNo on the horizon. I hope your NaNo goes well despite it; it's such a fun thing to participate in! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are better before NaNo, even before. Colds are in some ways worse then the flu, as they hang on for dear life and take forever to go away.

    I will keep you in my prayers.

    Also, I like the cover you did. It is very nice.

    ReplyDelete