Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just Because Tag

I've been tagged! Rose M. of The Golden Road has tagged me in a fun, getting-to-know-you, just because tag! I love tags! 
  1. Coffee or Tea? Really? Neither. I don't really care for either. I drink tea only when it's absolutely necessary that I must (i.e. a life or death situation) and I've had coffee only once and immediately surmised that the smell is way better than the taste. 
  2. You win a thousand dollars!  What would be something fun that you do with it? A thousand dollars? What would I do with it? Hmm... I don't know. I've never had a thousand dollars before. Realistically, I would probably save the money for the future or give it to my parents, but Rose said something fun, so... my something fun would be to spend it all on books, piano music, a penny-whistle (I've always wanted to play one of those!), and more books!
  3. You're given the opportunity for the lead part in a play.  Would you take it? Probably. I like acting, and have had the opportunity to act only on the home stage with small productions done with cousins. 
  4. Would you rather sing, play an instrument, or listen? All three, please? Fine, I'll choose one. I think that out of all of them I'd pick playing an instrument. I love playing the piano and flute, and I was just recently given an old xylophone. Sure, it's missing two keys and is only four octaves long, but I love it!
  5. Are you more of a chit-chat person?  Or sporty? I'd say more sporty than chit-chat. I'm not a big talker. But I love playing baseball!
  6. Did you ever have an unrealistic dream as a child?  If so, what was it? The most unrealistic (emphasis on unrealistic) dream I had as a child would have been to become the first girl to play for the New York Yankees. Yeah, extremely unrealistic, and now as I look back on it, quite impossible, too, as I believe girls shouldn't play in the MLB. They're not allowed to, anyway.
  7. Have you fulfilled any of the dreams that you had as a child?  If so, what where were they? I've learned to sew on a real sewing machine; I've learned to play the piano and flute; I've learned to knit; I've learned to put my hair up with only a pencil; etc.
  8. What's that one place in the world that you've always wanted to visit? So many places! If I had to pick just one, I'd like to go visit the Rocky Mountains. My cousin Captain Oblivious just went to Montana and visited Glacier National Park and the pictures were amazing! Snow and mountains! Can it get better than that?
  9. What book character do you always find yourself imitating? I imitate characters? I can't think of any character right off the top of my head that I see I'm like, but I imitate a lot of characters. Cyril Keith from the Life of Faith Millie series is one. Well, we quote him mostly. Well recently, I got to take part in a game of Human Clue, and I had a lot of fun acting out Sherlock Holmes. And you know what? When you seriously act like you know exactly what you're doing and you have a question for everything, it really impresses people. :)
  10. What's your favorite season?  Why? Whichever one I'm currently in! Actually, my absolute favorite might be winter... or autumn... hmm...
  11. What are some of your favorite blogs to read? Yet Another Period Drama Blog, Life Of A Michigan Homeschooler, The Musings of Me, Myself, And I... And Other Such Fantastical Nonsense, Hidden OrchardsScribblings of my pen and tappings of my keyboard, The Inkpen Authoress, etc. etc. You can look on my blog list on the sidebar for all the lovely blogs I read.
  12. How long have you been blogging? Since March 21, 2012. And yes, Rose, I had to look the date up, too. :)
Okey dokey.  And then the rules are:

1. Answer the questions. 
          Done.
2. If you wouldn't mind mentioning my blog, The Golden Road, and the person who tagged you, that would be lovely.
          Done!
3. Tag 5 to 10 people and let them know you tagged them.
          Beth Grace
          Jessa Bri
          Amy Dashwood
          Miss Melody
          Kendra
          Rachel

Anyone I didn't tag but would like to fill this tag out, feel free to snag the questions and post them on your own blog!

God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... I think I will steal these if that's okay. I don't know how much my readers enjoy it, but these things sure are fun to fill out.
    Kristin @ The Great Perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee does smell better then it tastes...and black tea should be outlawed. Peppermint no, black, yes.

    Trust me, the Rocky Mountains are worth a visit to. 8-D

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiri, thank you so much for this tag (several months late, sorry!)!! I look forward to filling it out.

    My mother plays the flute occasionally. I enjoy listening to it.

    Oh, come visit me!! I live in the Rockies and we could go hiking and riding (if you like either of those). And talk about Tolkien and writing and all the other interests we have in common. :)

    ReplyDelete