Friday, January 31, 2020

The Retirement of Lianne Taimenlore

Yes, folks, that's right. 

Lianne Taimenlore is officially retiring. 


One of the first headers ever to appear on this blog. *all the nostalgia*

For several years now, I've struggled with the thought of retiring this blog. Every time it came up, however, I struck it down with a vehement sentiment. After all, I've been here since 2011, and I've loved every moment of it. Why change something that's worked so well?

Here's Why


One of the biggest reasons for this is for my writing. Lianne Taimenlore has served as a great spot to host my books and all, but I want something more professional. Something that tells people I'm serious about my writing and serious about the books I hope to publish. I don't think I'll ever make a million-dollar career out of being an author, but I'm hoping that having a more official writing site will help me put a better author-centered foot forward.

Also, lately, I've been pretty overwhelmed trying to keep up with several blogs and writing stories and being mommy that I've realized it's time for a change. I have two kids now at home that I'm trying to keep alive on a daily basis, and there's only so much naptime in a day that allows me to sit and work in peace. I've already deleted three of my old blogs - all three of which really haven't seen activity since 2014 (or earlier). [I'll even wager you forgot those three blogs existed, so brownie points for anyone who can name even one in the comments.] My hope is to bring what I love, all the blog posts I want to write, all together in one spot. That way I'm writing for one blog, rather than four.


That being said, that also means I'm retiring from posting on KiriBeth. I will still be reviewing books, just no longer posting them on that site.

Where am I moving?


So, where am I going to be blogging then? Where will people be able to find me, Kiri Liz?

Well, over the next few months, I'll be transferring data and all the things to a blog I began as a homework assignment -- A Synesthete Writer. All information concerning the online home of Kirsten Fichter, author, and Kiri Liz, the online personality, will be there.

In case you missed the link earlier -- A SYNESTHETE WRITER.

What about FTC?


For those interested, yes, I will still be one of five fairy godmothers writing for Fairy Tale Central. I have no plans to change that. *grins* A lot of the stories I write are fairytale retellings, anyway... Besides, with those other fairy godmothers to have fun with, it doesn't feel like work.

Last Thoughts


I'm not planning on deleting Lianne Taimenlore entirely, so you will still be able to visit here if you so chose. However, the blog will no longer be active. This will be my last post to publish here in this hallowed realm.

I'm still feeling a lot of bittersweet sentiment over this. Lianne Taimenlore has given me 9 wonderful years. I'm highly embarrassed to go back and see some of the earlier blog posts that I wrote. *whew* I'm forever grateful for the readership this blog has seen. After all, a blog isn't much without its dear, dear readers. You did so much more in shaping this blog than you realized.

But it's 2020. If ever there was a year for change, this is it. We're moving forward.

*cries all the ugly tears*

Please consider following me and my writing adventures on A Synesthete Writer


God bless!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your not leaving just moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss Lianne Taimenlore! But I totally understand the move. I don't think I realized you've been blogging since 2011. That's when I started Musings of an Elf! We've both been blogging for 9 years! That's so special. You were one of my FIRST blogging friends, and I will forever have fond memories of all the delightful posts and discussions that have gone down here at Lianne Taimenlore. But now there'll be A Synesthete Writer to make new memories on! I'm excited about all your next endeavors and proud of you for taking the plunge.

    Fare thee well to dear Lianne Taimenlore! It shall forever hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete