Wednesday, November 27, 2013

MEC Day 27: Coolest Visual Effects

"That still only counts as one!"


Coolest Visual Effects... this one I toyed with for a long time. What to do, what to do? Legolas killing the oliphant? The cave troll? Smaug? My list was rather long. But I feel I must give credit where credit is due. So, for today's post, I say the coolest visual effects award goes to...



The character Gollum. Andy Serkis did a fantastic job bringing Gollum to life, and I have to hand it to PJ's animation team. Gollum is completely computer-generated. He's all CG, peoples. Andy Serkis dressed up in a green suit for this, and did the voice and actions and everything, but it was the people at the computers who made Gollum look the way he does. In fact, I think Gollum was voted the best CG character. EVER. He was either first or second, I don't recall, but the point is still valid. 

Entirely CG... I'm blown away.

For more details about the 30 Day Middle-Earth Challenge, please visit here!

Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment