Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MEC Day 12: Favorite Location

"Frodo, the Aragonath. Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin."


For a long time, I deliberated on this challenge post. What is my favorite location? Well, the obvious answer was Lothlorien. 

And yet...

Well, I'll quit beating about the bush. In short, I picked Amon Hen for my favorite location. Why? Beautiful foliage, ancient replicas from a long-ago kingdom, gorgeous colors, and a dramatic flair for battle. I watched the scenes at Amon Hen and pretty much took screencaps every 5 seconds.





















My favorite location: Amon Hen

"Let us hunt some orc."

For more details about the 30 Day Middle-Earth Challenge, please visit here!

Namarie!

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that scene. The statues, the moss, the trees...Boromir's betrayal. Aragorn letting Frodo go alone, Boromir relizing his mistake and dying a hero, Sam going after Frodo, risking his own life....Aragorn implying Gimili was a wimp and needing rest.

    One of the best parts of the whole movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those statues... they just speak the history, and it just makes it seem all the more real. And it has that kind of magical feel about them that ties it all together. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete