Saturday, May 19, 2012

Of Sunshine, Potatoes, and Emma



Happy Saturday, everybody! I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful day! 


Oh, the odd title? I'll explain that... :)


Well, where I am, under the maple tree, it has been a beautiful day. The Lord gave us a perfectly gorgeous, warm, sunny, slightly breezy day that feels more like it should be a part of summer rather than spring! 


And because the day was so nice, we had to spend it outside: planting potatoes. A whole four rows of taters. When you have a family as large as mine, you need a whole four rows. And then when we ran out of spuds to plant, there was lettuce to fill the rest of the afternoon. While planting can easily become a despised chore, I've found that when you're working alongside your loved ones and have a pleasant tune running constantly through your head, it's not so bad. 


No, these weren't the potatoes I planted
today, but I couldn't help imagining
mounds of real mashed potatoes dripping
with gravy as I worked... odd, considering
it was over 80 degrees outside! :)


That brings me to Emma. It's random, I know, but the main titles to Emma 2009 have been replaying over and over in my mind. I half expected to turn around and see Mr. Knightley standing behind me, saying, "Badly done, Kiri! That row was not straight!" By the way, if you want the song stuck in your head, too, it's one of the many selections on my player on the sidebar. :)




So, fellow bloggers, how did you spend your Saturday? Did you do anything worth the writing, or write something worth the reading? Do comment and let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment