Monday, September 2, 2019

August 2019 Book Haul

Better late than never, they always say! And considering it's only September 2nd, I'd say I'm really not that late in posting last month's book haul.

It's not a huge haul this month; one reason for that being I was trying to write more in August rather than shop a lot. Thus, the first draft of Diamond (Book #3 of the Once Upon a Twist Tales) is (hopefully) already halfway done, and I only have five new books to share with you.


The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children #3) // Gertrude Chandler Warner -- Be honest here, folks. Who didn't grow up with the Boxcar Children?? I can't even tell you how many times I've read these books; but maybe not all the newer-ish ones. My favorites were the first original mysteries and then the later ones named after food. The Pizza Mystery was definitely a family favorite!

Spring's Gentle Promise (Seasons of the Heart #4) and When Breaks the Dawn (Canadian West #3) // Janette Oke -- I'll be perfectly frank with you. I never expected myself to be picking up Janette Oke books. NEVER. However, lately they've struck a chord of curiosity in me and I'm interested in actually reading some of these. I wouldn't consider myself a Heartie (or whatever it is they're calling themselves these days) since I don't watch the Hallmark show, but I'm ready to see what the hype is about.

The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes) // Sir Arthur Conan Doyle -- Gorgeous hardback copy of Sherlock Holmes for $1? Yes, thank you very much!

Veiled Rose (Tales of Goldstone Wood #2) // Anne Elisabeth Stengl -- Would you believe this is the first ever copy of any Anne Elisabeth Stengl book that I have? *le gasp* After following her writing journeys and Rooglewood contests for so long, it's amazing I've not gotten my hands on her books until now.

~*~


I also added a proof copy of my latest release, Spindle Dreams, but as I wrote that myself, I don't know that I can truly say it qualifies for a book haul post. The Rose and the Balloon isn't a new book, but I do like the way this photo turned out with my two shinies!

Have you read any of these books? What books did you add to your shelves in August? Any new releases you're looking forward to adding to your shelves in September? Leave me a comment below!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment