Friday, August 9, 2019

It's Here -- And 5 Reasons To Read It



Unfortunately, Amazon is still in the process of reviewing and approving the files for the paperback, but the Kindle copy is all set to go! So, if you're in the mood for a cheaper, instant-gratification copy of Spindle Dreams, click here to get yours! I will let you all know once Amazon gets the paperback out.

[Update: The paperback version is now live and available to order! Link here.]

I still can't believe we're already to this day. It's been a long process, but I'm super excited to share this story with you all.

But why should you care? Why should you read it?

Oh, I'm so glad you asked.


Five Reasons to Read Spindle Dreams

1. It's a quick fairytale packed full of Sleeping Beauty elements.
Most of you have already read my post on the Disney Easter Eggs in Spindle Dreams here. But I had a lot of fun including more than just nods to the animated film. My goal with this series is to spin a tale that's dedicated to the charm and style of the original fairytale but twists things up just for fun. There will be much of the Sleeping Beauty you know and love, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. I mean, they don't call it a retelling for nothing. And since it only comes in around 26,000 words, you can easily read it in a day or two.

2. It's (mostly) a standalone novella.
Meaning you don't have to read The Rose and the Balloon to understand what's going on. There are some characters from RatB who make some fun cameos in SD, but the main cast is brand new. My qualification for (mostly) standalone is that SD does contain an epilogue that links it to the third book in this series. I've already had some hate mail concerning the epilogue, but that just means I'm doing my job as an author right. If you really want the book to remain standalone or if you wish to remain sane, don't read the epilogue <-- wise words from my readers.

3. It doesn't contain any magic. 
Have you ever wondered how a fairytale could come to life without magic? Wonder no more, for it is done! By mixing in some science and steampunk-esque elements, this novella is now my second fairytale retelling without magic. Personally, I like to see heroes get the upper hand and win the day without having to dabble with or against magical things.

4. It has a sweet and clean romance. 
I'm not a big romance writer, but I can't help when my characters fall in love. That's just part of life. I can, however, monitor what goes on the written page so the story doesn't get packed down with a lot of mushy dribble. (If you're looking for a book dripping with rippling muscles and passionate kisses, that ain't me, folks; I prefer real narration.) I enjoy romances with a good dose of humor, credibility, and intrigue. And Felix is just the sort of cinnamon roll to get the job done.

5. It has Samson.
Ok, yes, and Merryweather, but for me, Samson's the one who stole the show. You remember how mischievous and stubborn the twins in RatB were? That's Samson in this book. He was meant to be a horse in the background, but he was not content to stay there. I've had my stories torn from my grasp on countless occasions by my characters before, but never by a horse. And despite my better judgment, Samson became my absolute favorite. Pretty much of all time. And Merryweather is the fluffiest, cutest, most loyal sidekick a girl could want.

~*~

Important links to remember today:


For those of you who have beta-read or are influence readers for Spindle Dreams, please consider copying your review onto Amazon now that the book is live. I would be so grateful!

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY RELEASE DAY! *THROWS ALL THE CONFETTI AND GLITTER* I am so very happy this beautiful story is out in the world! I know you've worked so hard on it.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this book around the blogosphere from various people on the launch team, and it looks super interesting! I can't wait to read it!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY RELEASE DAY WONDERFUL HUMAN!

    ReplyDelete