Friday, August 2, 2019

Character Spotlight: Felix Barath


Welcome back to my week of shameless advertising!

I've realized that Spindle Dreams hasn't been much showcased on my blog. I recorded a short dialogue between myself and my Little Writer back in 2015 when I first began working on this story. After that, I remember posting snippets of the book here and here. And then I joined up with Melody's Quote Queste once here, and oddly enough that scene made it into the final edit of the book. Other than that, I've really only posted how much I wanted to publish it and how frustrating it was to hit so many setbacks.

But enough is enough, I always say. And this week, we're going to do this book some well-deserved justice and introduce it properly to the real world. Starting with introducing our lovely main leads. Staring with our humorous and handsome hero. (Also, yay for alliteration!)


Felix Barath


I debated how to do this post for only a few minutes before I decided to sneak into the archives on Cait's blog and steal a month of questions from the long-favorited, but sadly cancelled, Beautiful People.

Let's get to know Felix, shall we?

~*~

1. What’s their favourite book/movie/play/etc.?


Since movies aren't around in the fantastical, fictional time period that I've created for Rohesia, I'm going to have to say books would be the only thing realistic from this list. Felix is typically an on-the-go kind of person, so he doesn't read a ton, but he enjoys short stories full of humor or a how-to book. He was never one to sit for a play or opera. 

2. Is there anything they regret doing?


As of right now, I can't think of anything he'd regret. He's had a good upbringing and education, he's active, he's got a good sense of humor. He desperately wishes he weren't plagued with these reoccurring nightmares, but he has no idea where they came from, what they mean, or how to get rid of them. 

3. If they were sick or wounded, who would take care of them and how?


His mother, hands down. Felix is an only child and is very close to his parents. They waited several years for a child before Felix was born, and she would be the one to stick to his bedside to nurse him back to perfect health from anything. 

4. Is there an object they can’t bear to part with and why?


Samson. His stubborn, mischievous horse. Felix loves him to death, even though many of his acquaintances are convinced Samson will be the death of him. 

5. What are 5 ways to win their heart (or friendship)?


1) Making him laugh. 2) Through his stomach. 3) Engaging in outdoor activities together. 4) Accepting his help when he offers it. 5) Being there to understand and sympathize when he is down. 

6. Describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom.


Top to bottom, eh? Well, since Felix is a nobleman, he'd wear fine tunics and trousers, some with embroidery when the occasion demanded such frippery; his favorite outfits are ones that allow him to ride his incorrigible mount, Samson, around, particularly with a nice riding hat. However, Felix's silk stockings would normally go ripped and dirtied as he has picked up the odd habit of going about without his boots. 

7. What’s their favorite type of weather?


Anything but rain, really. Windy days are great to get out in, sunny days are great to get out in, snowy days are great to get out in, etc, etc. 

8. What’s the worst fight they’ve ever been in?


His latest fight with his father. Felix hates disappointing his dad, since his dad is basically his best friend, but they just can't seem to agree on what to do about these horrible nightmares plaguing Felix. 

9. What names or nicknames have they been called throughout their life?


Felix's closest friend growing up was his cousin, the Crown Prince Dmitri. However, Dmitri never told me if they'd ever had any nicknames. I feel a little left out knowing this now. 

10. What makes their heart feel alive?


Being needed. He loves helping people and making them laugh.

~*~

Felix was so much fun to write. Honestly, he was my little cinnamon roll from start to finish. I felt bad that I made him go through so much, but I knew he needed it. And he's all the better for it now, I'm sure.

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about Felix today! Marita (our fearless heroine) will be featured with another set of Beautiful People questions tomorrow.

Important links to remember today:


Questions/comments/fangirling -- please drop me a comment below!

God bless!
(Shamelessly reminding you that I've written another book. Link.)

2 comments:

  1. Felix is SUCH a cinnamon roll and I love him so much. This was great! Can't wait to read Marita's post tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's safe to blame you on how cinnamon-roll Felix actually turned out to be. Your posts on some of your beloved charries got the term stuck in my head, and Felix embraced being a cinnamon roll more than I ever thought he would. XD

      Delete