Wednesday, August 22, 2012

EDBP: Game - What Song Is That?


Here's Wednesday's game! Guess that song! This game is worth 50 points, one point for correctly guessing the song and another point for correctly guessing the movie from which the song comes. The "_" symbol only means that the title of the song appeared in the lyrics and I took it out, for obvious reasons. ;)

Have fun and guess as many time as you'd like! Good luck! This game's a little tougher than yesterday's! 

Oh, and if you haven't yet heard about the Epic Disney Champion or want to know how you can gain points to win this title, check out this post

Ready?

Sample: Question - "Archie Baxter came here twice. First time out he acted nice. Romance was in the air, oh, they made a lovely pair. Beautiful!" ; Answer - Watch Your Footwork, The Happiest Millionaire


1. “I've been bit on my finger! It could have been my leg! It could have been my head, I might have died! When a good honest husband has been bit it's only right that his family should come rushing to his side!”

2. “He sits alone on a giant throne, pretendin' he's the king. A little tyke who's rather like a puppet on a string, and he throws an angry tantrum if he cannot have his way. And then he calls for Mum while he's suckin' his thumb. You see, he doesn't want to play.”

3. “We’ll keep singing without fail, otherwise we’d spoil it. Hosing down the garbage pail and scrubbing up the toilet! Ooh!”

4. “She's _ _ _ _ from her prissy pink nose, to her custard complexion and eleven pink toes. With a chin like a prune, she's a dainty baboon. And she thinks she's _ _ _ _ .”

5. “Who invented music? We'd like to shake his hand, for music casts a spell on us that we can't understand. Must be some magician, designed the magic plan. He changed his wand to a baton, and that's when it all began.”

6. “If you want this choice position, have a cherry disposition. Rosy cheeks, no warts. Play games, all sorts. You must be kind, you must be witty, very sweet and fairly pretty.”

7. “Sergeant Riley said there's a fight to win. _ _ _, _, _ _ _. And it won't get done 'til we all pitch in. Lift your chin with a grin, and _ _ _.”

8. “Drip, drip, drop when the sky is cloudy. Your pretty music will brighten the day. Drip, drip, drop when the sky is cloudy. You come along with a song right away.”

9. “I've a girl back home who's unlike any other. Yeah, the only girl who'd love him is his mother.”

10. “Tee dum, tee dee, a teedle ee do tee day. We're out for fun and this is the game we play. Come on, join in and sing your troubles away, with a teedle ee dum a teedle do tee day.”

11. “Life is so unnerving for a servant who's not serving. He's not whole without a soul to wait upon. Ah, those good old days when we were useful... suddenly, those good old days are gone. Ten years we've been rusting, needing so much more than dusting, needing exercise, a chance to use our skills! Most days we just lay around the castle, flabby, fat and lazy. You walked in and oops-a-daisy!”

12. “I've got scars and lumps and bruises, plus something here that oozes. And let's not even mention my complexion. But despite my extra toes, and my goiter, and my nose, I'd really like to make a love connection!”

13. “If there’s a complication, _ _ ! You’ve got imagination, employ it! And you’ll see roses in the snow, joie de vivre will make them grow. Voila, that’s life, _ _!”

14. “Because I was afraid to speak when I was just a lad, my father gave my nose a tweak and told me I was bad. But then one day, I leaned a word that saved my achin' nose. The biggest word you've ever heard, and this is how it goes!”

15. “I'm never gonna catch my breath. Say goodbye to those who knew me. Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym! Man, this guy's got 'em scared to death! Hope he doesn't see right through me! Now I really wish that I knew how to swim!”

16. “Yeah, if it's weird, I say, let's go and find it! Haha ha ha! The crazier, the better is what I say! To tell the truth, I really wouldn't mind it. Mind what? If we found some place with ten square meals a day!”

17. “_ _ _ _ _ _! Don't rock the boat! Give him your vote! Let's keep our country in clover! It's up to you; he'll follow through. He made the White House shine like a lighthouse, over our thirty eight states. Eighteen eighty nine is the time to fall in line, behind one of destiny's greatest statesmen!”

18. “R-E-S-C-U-E, _ _ _. Heads held high, touch the sky. You mean everything to me.”

19. “She glanced this way, I thought I saw. And when we touched, she didn't shudder at my paw. No, it can't be, I'll just ignore. But then, she's never looked at me that way before!”

20. “A robin feathering his nest has very little time to rest, while gathering bits of twine and twig. Though quite intent in his pursuit, he has a merry tune to toot. He knows a song will move the job along.”

21. I know you, I walked with you _ _ _ _. I know you , the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. Yes, I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once the way you did _ _ _.”

22. “If I went to Paris for the rest of me days, and ate bread and cheese in sidewalk cafes, lived in a garret, wore a beret, what would I be?”

23. “I feel it there beyond those trees or right behind these waterfalls. Can I ignore that sound of distant drumming? For a handsome sturdy husband who builds handsome sturdy walls and never dreams that something might be coming?”

24. “I was born to cheat and lie, I'm a mean rotten guy. When you ask me why I'm nasty, here's my reason why: At that stork delivery, Mommy screamed, Woe is me, such a dork. Hey, Mr. Stork, behold my misery.”

25. “Sloppy, under dressed, immature, clumsy. Please, they'll eat you up alive! Gullible, naïve, positively grubby, ditzty and a bit, well, hmm, vague. Plus, I believe, getting kinda chubby. I'm just saying 'cause I love you!”



8 comments:

  1. Lydia - You have 13 points! Unfortunately, the song title for #15 was wrong. If you guess the other songs and movies later, feel free to comment again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Dashwood - You have 26 points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra - You have 11 points! You guessed the right movie for #1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Laurie (and sister :) - You have 30 points! Good guesses! I noticed that you didn't guess any after #20, so if you have guesses for the last five songs, feel free to comment again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Laurie - Your new score is 37! The song title from #23 was incorrect, as was #24. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth Grace - You have 47 points! I am very disappointed that you didn't remember #15... and yes, I can say that because you're my sister. Good job anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessa Bri - You absolutely sing these songs too much... You got all of them correct! Happy 50 points! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lydia - You correctly guessed #15! You now have 14 points! :)

    ReplyDelete