Monday, December 2, 2019

November 2019 Book Haul

With NaNo going on all month (post on that to come soon), I really didn't expect to be adding many books to my shelves this last month. November was already crazy, seeing as I had a newborn on my hands in addition to a one-and-a-half year old. Add in a busy week of being with family for Thanksgiving and an emergency appendix surgery for my hubby... yeah, November was nuts. Looking back now, I'm surprised I had any time to go shopping at all.

However, I will say that book mail is DA. BEST. Sometimes, you don't need time to go shopping. You just need to check the mailbox. *grins*

So, here's November's book haul.

Sorry for the dark coloring; I don't feel like editing the pic.

The Rope Trick // Lloyd Alexander - After reading the Prydain Chronicles and the Westmark Trilogy, you can bet I'll pick up any Lloyd Alexander book I can.

Writing Magic // Gail Carson Levine - Who knew that the woman who introduced the world to fairytale retellings also wrote nonfiction? I'm pretty excited about this one.

By the Shores of Silver Lake (Little House, #5) // Laura Ingalls Wilder - The ONE Little House book I didn't have yet. SCORE.

Florence Young: Mission Accomplished (Christian Heroes: Then and Now, #23) // Janet and Geoff Young - I remember reading a lot of missionary stories growing up, and these are the types of stories I want to be able to share with my kiddos.

The Princess // Lori Wick - A friend of mine a long time ago told me this was her favorite book, and I completely forgot about it until I came across this copy in a thrift store. I'm not familiar with the author, but it's definitely a score at a thrift store price.

A Walk with Jane Austen: A Journey into Adventure, Love, and Faith // Lori Smith - The title of this one jumped out to me. I've never read anything like this before, and it's Austen, so I'm pretty excited about it.

The Book Thief // Markus Zusak - I don't normally go for the books that have all the hype, but I've wanted to read this one for a while. And it was $1. It was a no-brainer.

Captive Treasure // Milly Howard - A book from my childhood. I grew up with a lot of books from BJU Press, and I loved them all. This one always reminds me of Lois Lenski's Indian Captive, as both books basically have the same plot.

Silas Marner // George Eliot - Classic in a gorgeous hardback. I'm always up for that.

Sew, It's a Quest // Do You Take This Quest? // My Kingdom for a Quest // Honor: A Quest In // Hair We Go Again // Kendra E. Ardnek - BOOK MAIL. MADE MY DAY. I just realized recently that I've only read the first two books in this series. *le gasp* Now, I can fix that! Super exciting.

The Dragon's Flower // Wyn Estelle Owens - Also BOOK MAIL. I'd completely forgotten I'd won this giveaway until this showed up in my mailbox. A Rapunzel tale worth the read. Review here on KiriBeth.

~*~

And that's it, folks! What books did you add to your shelves in November? Any favorites in the ones I hauled above? Let me know in the comments!

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Haul! I really need to read some Lloyd Alexander books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've really had a crazy November, haven't you? AND you did NaNo? Wow. Props to you. :-P

    Ooh, I'll be very interested to see what you think of The Book Thief.

    I need to read Levine's writing books one of these days.

    ReplyDelete