... you jump up and down for joy and then post about it on your blog!
Belle of In My Life has given me the Elegant Blogger Award! Thanks, Belle! :)
I would verbalize some on the particulars of this award, but we all know the only reason to read the award posts is to see how the awardee answered all the questions... and also to find out who she awarded at the end. So, without further adieu....
When you receive the reward, link back to All Things Good and the blog that nominated you (In My Life)
Display the award button in the post
Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)
Nominate 8 bloggers
Notify them that they have been awarded
1. What made you decide to start blogging? It was mostly an experiment on my part in response to a challenge of sorts on my sisters' parts. Two of my sisters had made blogs, and they teased me that it was odd that I, the writer in the family, had none. So I began a blog about poetry (one that I have since deleted for numerous reasons), where I planned to post snippets of my poetry, my favorite poets, and all things poetry related. From that, a great love of blogging ensued, and now I am the proud but obnoxious bloggeress of Lianne Taimenlore, a blog about life and literature under a maple tree. And a lot of other stuff, but we won't get into details now.
2. What is your fashion style? Fashion? What's that? As far as I know, I have no real style. I like modest and comfortable. On most days, you will find me in a jean skirt and T-shirt.
3. What is something none of your followers know about you? My hands swell and get extremely red and itchy when I handle bleach. Therefore, I immensely dislike cleaning (what I sometimes refer to as) the water closet.
4. What are some of your blogging goals? To share what I love with those I come in contact with, to find like-minded friends, and to promote my writing.
5. Where is your favorite place to shop? I don't like shopping. But for the sake of the question, we'll say Amazon. Low prices, free shipping, etc. etc. I love how I can find really good deals on all the classic books (Dickens, namely). I got The Pickwick Papers for under five dollars! Now that, I like!
6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be? I really don't have an opinion on that. I don't really want to become a mega-blogger with thousands of followers I don't know, yet I don't want to keep my blog so entirely to myself that I cannot share my posts with more than a dozen people. I have 60 lovely followers right now, so I think that's the perfect amount. However, if I ever reach 100, I'd probably say that was the perfect amount as well.
7. What are your talents? I am a true Jack-of-all-trades. I love writing and reading; I sing pretty much all the time; I'm a dedicated pianist; I sew a little and a lot; I love acting, though the level of quality will differ in people's opinions; I've been told I'm a good teacher; I... you get the idea.
8. Are you a leader or a follower? I'm the kind that makes her own wandering paths in the woods with everyone else looking on with confused expressions.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes? I'm ignoring the "one of" part of this question.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx
Three can keep a secret if two are dead. ~ Benjamin Franklin
A rose by any other name would be called something else. ~ Parody of Shakespeare
It simply isn't an adventure if there aren't any dragons. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Do you have a favorite book or book series? To be truthful, no, I do not have a favorite. I have many favorites. And if you wanted a list, you should have asked that.
11. Out of all the of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)? Umm... smart.
12. What is your favorite flower? Kosteletzkya
Who to award? Hmm... this is gonna be difficult. I would pass the award onto every one of my followers, but since I can only pick eight...
And so it's easier to drag the questions off to your own blog:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. What is your fashion style?
3. What is something none of your followers know about you?
4. What are some of your blogging goals?
5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?
7. What are your talents?
8. Are you a leader or a follower?
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?
11. Out of all the of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?