Monday, September 16, 2013

Homeschool Tag

If any of you are familiar with the sisters I have in the wonderful world of blogging, then you might have seen this tag recently on Jessa Bri's blog, Freckled Adventures (swell blog, by the way, so you must visit there if you haven't already).
 
Rules:
1. You must be currently enrolled in homeschool or a homeschool graduate.
2. Answer all the questions in a blog post of your own.
3. Comment here on my blog to let me know you have done a post.

Questions:
Are you currently enrolled in homeschool or are you graduated? Currently *not* in school. I graduated back in 2011, and wow! Does that seem like a long time ago! I don't feel old enough to be going into my third year out of high school!

What is (or was) your favorite school subject? History or Geography.

Do (did) you usually finish school before lunch? Sometimes. When I was in fifth grade, I used to get up at 6 and teach myself and get all of my school done before breakfast. Ah, those were the days! However, getting into high school with its nasty, huge assignments, I was often at my desk still at 5 o'clock. Not all the time, mind you, but it felt that long some days.

Do (did) you get a recess? I know not this word recess. What dost it mean?

Snow days? A snow day for a homeschooler only means they get to go out and shovel the driveway before going back inside to do school. 

What subject(s) do (did) you get the best grades in? History and Geography. Actually, US Government wasn't bad, either. I aced all three of those grades. My worst was grammar, surprisingly, because I absobloominglutely love English. I just hated taking the tests.

Are (were) you one of those students who follows (followed) a schedule, gets (got) all your assignments done on time, and does (did) the optional activities? Or do (did) you 
not really care how and what gets (got) done? For the most part, I got all my assignments done on time. It was rare I handed in something late. There were some things that I'd finish a week before the due date, and yet there were some things that I got done the day I had to hand it in. I suppose it really depended on what subject it was; History and English homework was often a cinch (save for the English tests); it was the Science stuff mostly that had me stumped. Math assignments weren't too bad, though I often had to teach myself the lesson because the teacher on the DVD course we watched was rather... well, let's just say I didn't learn much from the DVDs. Did I do optional activities? Depended on the activity. If I thought it worth my while, then yes, I did it. If not, I left it with the tag optional and ignored it.
 
God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating in the tag, Kiri! Very interesting to read about things I already know about you! ;)

    ReplyDelete