Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Explaining My Header...

The header is one of the most important things on a blog. I know this, just as you do. A header can gain or discourage followers. So, that is my topic for today. My header.



I'm certain most of you were wondering about my header. Let me explain it...


You will notice that it is comprised of many small photos glued atop a large picture of a white flower. Why I picked the white flower, I don't know, I just like it. And that's that. But what do all the pictures mean? If you'll be patient for a minute, I'll tell you.


On the left side of the header, the first picture you will notice is on of a beautiful lady in a coral gown accompanied by a man in an old fashioned suit. That, my friends, if you hadn't already guessed, is Emma. The 2009 version. And in my opinion, the best Emma adaption on the face of the earth. You can disagree with me if you'd like, but it's true. I love Emma!! 




Beside Emma is a photo of some flutes. Sure, she likes music, you're thinking, but why is it specifically a flute? Because I play the flute. I also play the piano, but I couldn't fit a picture of that on my header. One of my favorite songs played on the flute is "In Dreams" from The Lord of the Rings. Ah! Superb!




Beneath Emma is a stack of books. Why books? Duh! I love reading! That wasn't too hard to figure out! :)



In the bottom left hand corner is a winter scene of a little girl and a lamppost. If you didn't recognize Lucy Pevensie from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I am truly ashamed of you. Not only is that one of the best movies to grace the screen, but the book is an amazing read! Yes, I am an avid Narnian fan, of sorts.


The last picture on the left hand side is one of a girl's hands holding a pen and a notebook. This one probably shouldn't be too hard to decipher: I love writing, if you hadn't guessed. I love writing... a lot!




Moving to the right side of the header, you will notice a small photo of a castle. The castle is a depiction of my love for fantasy. That good, old fashioned, epic fantasy like Narnia and LOTR. I also like castles and big old houses that have rooms and passageways above a sane amount and that you can get lost in going to the dining room. 




Just to the right of the castle is a Bible. I am a Christian, a sinner saved by God's amazing grace. I believe that Christ died for my sins and the sins of the world, that He suffered so I might be saved, and that He rose again from the dead. I don't just claim to have a part in religion, but to me, Christianity is more of a relationship than a religion. My very existence on this earth is for the glory of God and edification of others. There's so much I'd like to say on this particular picture, but I think I should save those discussions for later posts. 




Next, we come to a picture of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice made in the year 1995. That is my favorite adaption of P&P, and again, you may disagree with me on that. You're allowed to be wrong. And yes, because I have two pictures of period drama films, that means I am a fan of period drama. :)




Beneath Elizabeth is Rapunzel, one of my favorite Disney princesses, from the movie Tangled. Why? Because she learns and grows during the film instead of waiting like a damsel in distress. Nothing against princesses, but I don't prefer the love at first sight theme in most of the movies. However, Rapunzel is not without her faults, but I love the "I've Got A Dream" and "Mother Knows Best" songs!




We're almost done! Just two pictures left! The stack of cookies on the bottom is, in fact, a stack of gingerbread cookies. My personal favorite. Since I'm allergic to chocolate, my desserts and sweet treats must lie in different avenues, and I love gingerbread cookies!!! Just sayin'....




And last, but most certainly not least, a picture of three horses complete with riders in medieval garb. The Lord of the Rings!! Probably my most favoritest movie ever! I don't think I could describe my love of LOTR in one small post, so I save my rantings for later. But, this movie. Is. Epic. 




We're done with the pictures... onto the words. Lianne Taimenlore is, of course, the name of my blog, paying tribute to the first story I ever wrote. Or began writing. I'm not done with it yet. *sheepish grin* 


But what about that part about the living under a maple tree? For privacy reasons, I'm not going to disclose where exactly I live. Maple trees surround my house, and I love maple syrup. I love climbing maple trees, and I enjoy making maple syrup with my family every early spring. (REAL maple syrup tastes soooooooo good!!) Yes, I'm a little obsessed with maple trees. So, hopefully, that explains all that.


And there you have it! Now you understand why my header is what it is, and what everything means. But I am curious: What think ye of my header? With a name like Lianne Taimenlore would you have expected something else? Do you like it? Or do you think that I need a new design? :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a clever idea! (Oh, and I too love Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and castles with secret passages 8-D) And the title is a neat idea too. Very fitting, and it is so mysterious. That is why I stopped by, I thought it was your pen name and I was wondering what it meant.

    Very nice! And yes, I will be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fellow Narnia, Jane Austen, period drama, LOTR,and castles fan. I think your header is terrific! I don't think you need to change it at all!

    And, Lianne Taimenlore is such a cool name!!

    ReplyDelete