Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beautiful People: Villain Edition

This is the first time I've participated in Beautiful People. I've long seen and read the posts by bloggers, giving an inside glimpse of certain characters, but there was always a thought that kept popping up... What is Beautiful People? 

Well, I'm not wondering that anymore, but if you are, go to Further Up and Further In and Before My Penn Has Gleaned and check it out!



My beautiful villain is Lord Vernd from Children of a Legend. And I'm sorry, but I don't have a picture of him. This is how I've described him, so you draw the picture:

Vernd approached the window, and his face was lit up by the pale light of the moon. The chiseled features were sharp and, even though he was not a young man, the fire in his eyes burned more deeply and more hot than any fire any youth could conjure. 
.....
The man was dressed completely in black, and despite the heat, his clothes were all made of the finest materials, and his black boots shone impeccably in the late morning sun. His thin, black mustache was curled on the ends, and his expression was filled with a vengeful glee.

And now onto the questions:




1. What is their motive? To rid the world of the one man who dared come against him: the Dragon Tamer. To rule Dron with an iron fist and an unopposed reign.
2. What are they prepared to do to get what they want? More than prepared. Whatever it takes, he will do it, even if it comes to murder and deceit.
3. Are they evil to the core, or simply misunderstood? Misunderstood will never define Lord Vernd. He is definitely evil to his core. 
4. What was their past like? What about their childhood? Was there one defining moment that made them embrace their evil ways? I don't know much on his past. He's power hungry, obviously. Embracing evil ways has come naturally to him for most of his life, but the one defining moment that left an impact on him would be the final physical battle he had against the Dragon Tamer. Killing one of the hated dragons and driving the Tamer away was a great victory, and since that battle, his iron fist has tightened and his cruelty thickened. No one dares to oppose him now. 
5. Now that they’re evil, have they turned their back on everyone, or is there still someone in their life that they care for? (Brother? Daughter? Love interest? Mother? Someone who is just as evil as they are?) He truly cares for no one but himself. His success is what motivates him. He  can have moments that could be thought caring as he shows interest in some of the people around him, but his interest is always brought on by what he can profit from it.
6. Do they like hugs? Never. Touch. Lord. Vernd.
7. Are they plagued by something? (Nightmares, terrible thoughts?) I wouldn't say plagued, but he does have an obsession with fire. *shudders*
8. Who are they more similar to: Gollum or Maleficent? Maleficient, I'd say. Gollum can be sneaky, as Lord Vernd is, but the majestic evilness and sheer power of Malificent would make me say that would be the better comparison.
9. If your villain could have their choice of transportation what would it be? A large black stallion with fiery eyes and sharp hooves.
10. If you met your villain in the street, how afraid would you be? Are they evil enough to kill their creator? Would I be afraid? It really doesn't depend on who I'd be, whether I was on his side or not (I would definitely be the latter), but yes, I'd be afraid. His reputation doesn't speak kindly of his dealing with other people, and if he had the mind to, he would kill me, I have no doubt. However, I would try to flatter myself with the thought that I would escape him and join the resistance against him before he had the chance to kill me. 

And, the most important question of all: Does the dark side really have cookies? That would depend on a number of things: what kind of cookies, who made them, who ate them, and how old the cookies are. Rather a difficult question to answer, in my opinion. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview! Your villain sure does sound dark and...evil. Purely evil. I didn't need to see a photo of your villain after I read your little excerpts. They paint a pretty dark picture! Nice writing.

    ~cait~
    from notebooksisters.blogspot.com

    stopping over from the Beautiful People link-up!!

    ReplyDelete