Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gray To Glimmering Tag

Kellie is holding a Gray Days to Glimmering Blog Party over at Accordion to Kellie to brighten up those long, montonous days of January! Be sure to stop by her blog and check it out!


1) What's your favorite thing to do when you've been feeling uninspired?
Read. Read what? My Bible, a favorite book, a new book, notes I've written about my stories, etc.

2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.
One I've JUST discovered? I don't know that there is one. Does The Happiest Millionaire count, even though my family discovered it last summer? That's the first one I can think of... :)

3) What do you like to do to change your mood?
Sing. It always helps.

4) Your favorite drink is currently...
White grape peach juice.

5) When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
SMILES! Ahem... Jessa...

6) What made you smile last?
My siblings and all the millions of inside jokes that we share.

7) What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
One - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 
(from the Broadway Musical, not the movie - listen to it; it's different)
Two - Bow the Knee
Three - When God Is Near
Four - Ten Feet Off the Ground
Five - Sons of Odin
That's a rather interesting list, and I will leave it to you to interpret it. Really, those are the first five that came to mind, and I know they don't go together at all.

8) What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?
Finish writing The Twelfth Kingdom... well, that won't be happening for some time, so let's say something else. Read Only A Novel by Amy Dashwood. I won a spiffy copy from a giveaway on Jessica's blog; the book just came in the mail, and I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT!

9) The last thing you crossed off the above list was...
Hmm... read The Romance of the Forest. Indeed, I am not so uneducated compared to Jane Fairfax. Or Robert Martin. Or Emma Woodhouse. Or Harriet Smith. Or... I ran out of names...

10)  Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!
"Mr. Guppy! Kenge and Carbuncle!"
Bravo for anyone who knows who said that, and in what movie.

11)  The best thing about January is...
SNOW! We finally have snow! A whole, glorious ELEVEN INCHES!
Or....
Spending the week at our classy blood cousins' house. THAT was great fun!
I can't decide.

12) The worst thing about January is...
My grandmother still being in the hospital. Thank you all for your prayers. They mean a lot. Grandmom is doing better, praise the Lord, but she's still in a lot of pain after the car accident. The doctors are encouraged by her progress and are beginning to plan her return home. Our God is An Amazing God!

13) What's your #1 resolution for 2013?
WRITE. WRITE. WRITE.
Write what?
Finish The Twelfth Kingdom.
Finish CoaL... maybe...
Work on any other story that suits my fancy.
Write music for the movie that we plan on making with our blood cousins this year (which also involves editing the actual movie script).
Pen poetry.
And so on...

14)  And lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.
"Be still and know that I am God." ~ Psalm 46:10

God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found your bloggy through Kellie's Blog Party. This was fun reading all your answers! I've never seen the Happiest Millionaire but I will have to look that one up. I'm always (a teensy bit jealous) of people who can sing well. My sister can but me---yeahh not so much. It wouldn't be a pleasant experience for anyone involved to hear me. haha Ohhh oh...I know your quote!! Super excited about that one--on of my Fav Costume dramas--- BH :) I love that you are a writer! Me too...although I am only on my second novel. Technically I didn't finish the first one yet but this one I am currently on I am determined to finish. IT's such a fun process :)
    Best of luck and inspiration with yours!

    Loved reading!
    Jeanine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jeanine!
      Thanks for stoping by and taking the time to read my post! Your comment really made my day!
      I hope you don't mind, but I looked up your answers to the tag as well and had fun reading those. Your quote made me smile. :D
      Good luck on your writing! I've never truly *finished* any novel of mine, as I tend to make up really long stories and then get inspired with a new one halfway through writing the first, and... yeah. I hope you get your novel done! Writing IS a lot of fun!
      God bless!
      Kiri Liz

      Delete
  2. Wow! I thought that I was the only one who listened to or even knew about Ten Feet Off Of The Ground.

    --Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Taylor! Thanks for your comment!
      Haha! It's become one of my family's favorite songs after watching "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band."

      Delete
  3. I love your blogs so, so much!! I have chosen to award Lianne Taimenlore here:http://violetsdaisies.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/brilliant-blog-bouquet-award-daisys.html

    God bless,
    Daisy xo

    ReplyDelete