Monday, April 1, 2019

March 2019 Book Haul

Time for another book haul post!

This month actually turned out to be quite kleptomaniac-ish for me, since my husband and I were able to hit a couple of thrift stores on the weekends and I managed to save up my Amazon giftcards enough for a book order. I was so excited about that order, and kept track of each package as it shipped. My darling hubby went out in the rain to collect one of the packages from the mail box for me, just to make sure my book didn't get wet. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love him? Because I do.

Anyway, let's get on to the books!


The Masterharper of Pern // Anne McCaffrey 

My husband has been a long-time fan of Anne McCaffrey, so we're on a quest right now to find all of her Pern books. I've only read the Harper Hall Trilogy at this point, but I'm looking forward to reading more about that world.

~*~

The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Seeing Stone // Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black

Not having full series really bugs me, but that's the biggest danger you face when you're addicted to second-hand books. I'm slowly fleshing out my Spiderwick Chronicles, but so far, I've only got the first two books. #oneday They're fun to read, though.

~*~

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook // Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht

Not fiction, but this is a really fun one! I mean, with a title like that, how could you NOT get it?? Some of the scenarios are absolutely hilarious!

~*~

Little House in the Big Woods // Laura Ingalls Wilder

Would you believe my Little House collection has all but the first book? Not anymore. These were some of my favorite books growing up, and I'm looking forward to sharing this with my daughter one day. 

~*~

Bridge to Terabithia // Katherine Paterson

I remember watching the film version of this story years ago. I've never read the book. Figured it was as good a time as any. 

~*~

How to Train Your Dragon: How to Be a Pirate // Cressida Cowell 

I believe that this is a small example of when the movies were actually better than the books, but I've yet to actually read the books to solidify my belief. Besides, it's dragons. And what could be better than dragons? 

~*~

Medallion // Dawn L. Watkins

Another favorite childhood book. I actually had the great honor of having the author as my teacher for two classes while I was in college, and THAT was pretty amazing. I felt like I met a celebrity. IT WAS PRETTY COOL. 

~*~

Marlow and Shakespeare 

More Shakespeare collecting. And this is a book that will look really good just sitting out for display. You know what I mean. You collect those books, too. Don't deny it. 

~*~


~*~ 

Realm Walkers: One Realm Beyond // Donita K. Paul

And thus finishes my collection of all Mrs. Paul's published dragon novels. I'm still really bummed that she was never able to get the third book in this trilogy published. *sniff* But I'm going to enjoy all of this since it's out. 

~*~

The Kingdom Series: Kingdom's Call // Chuck Black

Another favorite! And that completes my Kingdom series! I won books 1-3 in a giveaway, and then found 5 & 6 at a local bookstore. Thus, ordering book 4 on Amazon was necessary to my book OCD. Definitely recommend this series, as well as the second series, The Knight of Arrethtrae.

~*~

The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest // Melanie Dickerson

Although I've read almost all of Melanie Dickerson's fairytale retellings, I actually don't own any in paperback save for The Fairest Beauty (which really wasn't my favorite, but was better than The Orphan's Wish). Huntress is by far my favorite of her books, and I'm looking forward to reading it again. 

~*~

Kinsman Chronicles: King's Blood // Jill Williamson

I read King's Folly like 4 years ago, so finally getting this book last month and READING it was both a chore and amazing. Definitely got some dark tones, so it's for a more mature reader, but it blew me away. I hope it doesn't take me another 4 years to get King's War. Full review here on KiriBeth

~*~

The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm

My husband found this in the TRASH at work. Like, SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO THROW THIS BEAUTIFUL BOOK AWAY! *le gasp* He brought it home for me and I have not stopped being in awe since. I told you he was a great guy. The book was in like new condition, and I feel very fairytale-expert-snobbish right now with this on my shelf. I won't lie. 

~*~

Well, that's it for March, guys! What books did you add to your shelves this month? Let me know below! 

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. "You collect those too. Don't deny it." Haha! Truth. ;)

    Isn't it such a wonderful, satisfying feeling, getting new books?! I got Roger Lancelyn Green's King Arthur, Android Karenina (play on Anna), The Thing About Jellyfish, a couple paperbacks that were free at my library, aaaaand . . . I don't actually remember which other ones. I also ordered the rest of the books to a series I read this year that really Touched me, so that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Even if they're not "new" books, new-to-me books are always amazing!! :) Also, getting books in the mail is downright epic.

    ReplyDelete