Friday, August 17, 2018

Happy Palindrome Week!

Because of my synesthesia, cool numbers always fascinate me. When the stars line up and the colors just scream at me, I can't help but admire them. But it's not always the colors; sometimes the technical, analytical aspect is just too awesome to ignore. Although I'm not a huge math person, I enjoy seeing things line up perfectly. I guess you could say I have a bit of synesthetic OCD.

Lately (this week, in fact), the internet has been blowing up celebrating an odd occurrence known as "Palindrome Week." For those of you who don't know, this week (or so) of August is the only week this year that is the same forwards and backwards. See below.

*Image not mine; found via Google search.

Isn't that so cool?? Every date is the same backwards AND forwards. The little synesthete in me is just so happy with this. Yes, this sort of thing has happened more than just this year, and technically Palindrome Week this year (2018) extends from August 10th to Augusth 19th (longer than the picture above acknowledges). That's 10 days in a row that can be read the same backwards and forwards!

August 11th happens to be my birthday and, on top of celebrating with a free pizza from a local restaurant and my hubby surprising me with a special date to get ice cream, I got to celebrate my birthday as being part of Palindrome Week! (Yes, I'm a nerd.)

Palindromes are one of those number things that fascinate me. So do consecutive numbers. And to help celebrate this week of cool numbers, I have another "week" of cool numbers that I'd like to share with you all in a short, nerdy post. These are not palindrome dates, bur rather consecutive dates that fell so perfectly that it would be a shame not to share during this week of weeks.

Ready?

June 20, 2015
I found out that Jed was interested in me. 

April 21, 2018
I gave birth to our first baby -- a little girl named Annika. 

April 22, 2017
Jed and I got engaged. 

April 23, 2018
Little Annika's duedate.

June 24, 2017
Jed and I were married. 

August 25, 2017
Jed and I found out that we were going to be parents. 

April 26, 2015
I severely friend-zoned Jed and told him we'd never be anything more than friends. 

It alternatively boggles and fascinates me that the the days of the "20s" are so key to every big step that Jed and I have made together. Please note that these events did not all happen in the same year. This has been a four-year process; though, I never thought that in just four years I'd go from friend-zoning a guy to giving birth to our first child.

Isn't it cool how God works things out according to His plan? I'm so glad for this four-year, consecutive-date plan. Of course, now I'm going to be pretty alert for big changes anytime another consecutive date rolls around.

How about you? Any special consecutive dates in your life? How are you celebrating Palindrome Week?

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment