Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kind Of An Annual Thing...

*confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* *confetti* 



Lianne Taimenlore is one year old today! 

Wow! 

When I started this blog a year ago, I had no idea where it would take me. It's very much like what dear Miss Potter said about writing the first words of a story. You never really know where they'll take you. And sometimes they can take you places that you'd never even imagine.

For instance, since the beginning of this blog, I have made several, wonderful blogging friends (and if you're reading this, there's an excellent chance you're one of those wonderful friends ;). 

I have become more dedicated to my writing. I was working really only on one story a year ago, now I am working on two, with two on hold, and another three festering in my brain, begging for attention.

I even participated in three (3) NaNoWriMos. Not sure I would have had the courage to do that if I had not the encouragement of all you lovely readers behind me.

I joined Pinterest. Everything I heard about Pinterest before Blogger made me only the more against ever joining that obsessive, picturing site. Then I realized what a great place it was to organize pictures and plans for stories... and well..... I got a Pinterest account. 

I was introduced to such popular fandoms as TSP and Les Mis. 

I deepened my love of period drama and discovered many new favorite stories, most recently and namely Our Mutual Friend.

And a lot more than I can recall at the moment. I never knew where this blog would take me, and a year ago, I'd never though I'd be here.


But enough of that. I'd like to thank each and every one of you personally for your kind comments, faithful readings, and encouraging support. Lianne Taimenlore wouldn't be the blog it is today without you. So, thank you. 

Thank you. 

Thank you!

It seems customary to leave readers on such a blog post as this a few statistics of the past three hundred and fifty-six days. So I shall oblige you. 

~ 52 followers :D

~ 138 posts published (this post makes 139)

~ 441 lovely comments

~ Over 23,000 pageviews

~ First post: Welcome

~ Most popular post: EDBP: Movie Review - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with over 4,000 views ( I think it had something to do with the pictures I put with the post, for most of the clicks came from Google.com, but I still think it rather nice that I had that many views on one of my posts :)

~ First contest: Disney/Pixar Keep Calm

~ First giveaway: Annabeth's War

~ First blog party: Epic Disney Blog Party

~ Google 1+ post: Magic: Harry Potter Vs. LOTR & Narnia... And What God Says About It


Well, thank you all again and again! And I hope that the next year will be just as exciting!

God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Yay on having been around a year! Anniversaries are so much fun. :)

    Hey, I FINALLY replied to your most delightful comment on my review of ROTK. Sorry it took so long -- but it's done now! Here's a link, just go down to the comments: http://austenitis.blogspot.com/2013/03/movie-return-of-king.html

    Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment! And again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You seem "rawtha" excited, Kiri... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to Lianne Taimenlore!!! :D :D :D (A little late...) How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Happy Birthday to Lianne Taimenlore!!! Hmmm ... I think I'll do something special for my blog's fourth birthday coming up soon ...

    Sorry about not congratulating you sooner! My brain's been a bit ... out of it.

    ReplyDelete