Meghan over at Just As I Am is hosting a Single Ladies Blog Party for Valentine's Day! Do stop by her blog and check it out! And as an ice-breaker, she's asked that we fill out these fun tag questions.
1. White chocolate or milk/dark chocolate? My health requires that I say "no" (you knew I was allergic to chocolate, right?), but when I could eat chocolate, it was always milk chocolate.
2. Tea or Coffee? *cough*neither*cough* I like lemonade! Actually, I've learned recently that I cannot drink some teas because they contain soy lecithin (I'm allergic to soy for those of you who didn't know), and I've tasted both tea and coffee and found the flavors contrary to my liking.
3. Movie or book on a night-in? Usually, with my family, we'll watch a fun movie together, but if it's a quiet sort of night, I'll choose a book.
4. Rom-com or a tear-jerker? I'm not the type of person who cried during movies, so I'd have to say rom-com... even though cheesy romance flicks sometimes get on my nerves. Comedy improves it, I will give you that.
5. Who is the first literary couple to come to your mind? Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightley
6. Who is the first *movie* couple that comes to your mind? Eowyn and Faramir from LOTR
7. Roses or chocolate? The two things that make up Valentine's Day. Well, unfortunately, I'm allergic to one and the smell of the other gives me asthma. If any guy tried to win my affection with a present of either of these items, I would seriously think poorly of his attempt to kill me. Does that answer the question? No? Hmm... I'm going to mimic Rachel and say that I like seeing roses growing wild outside, on a trellis or whatnot. Yes, lovely.
8. Fancy dinner in a 4-star restaurant or a simple picnic? Picnic. I've been literally banned from eating out due to allergies (sidenote here: don't ever get allergies, especially a soy allergy; they're such a pain!)).
9. Dream wedding scenario: outdoor family affair, or a formal church wedding & reception at a 5-star hotel? Outdoor family affair. If God has a mate planned for me, then my wedding would be a simple affair outside during the summer with my family and closest friends gathered around me. Let me quote Margaret Hale, for she sums it up quite nicely:
10. What was the last love song you listened to? Far Longer Than Forever from The Swan Princess soundtrack.
11. Favorite real-life/celebrity couple? My mom and dad. <3 They're celebrities in my book!
12. One piece of advice about love: Never follow your heart. The heart is deceitful. Lead your heart, and follow God.
AND Jessica of Safirewriter is holding a book/period drama Valentine card contest, and I couldn't help but enter.
Photo: P&P 1995
Quote: P&P 2005
Photo and Quote: Emma 2009
Photo and Quote: The Scarlet Pimpernel 1982