Friday, July 20, 2018

One I Forgot...

Looking back through my posts I discovered there were a few drafts I had begun on awards. Apparently, back in the day, I'd been awarded and never got around to finishing a post about it.

And get this -- the awards were from 2014.

2014!! 

I guess these were something I'd gotten right before I started my freshman year at college, and then crazy school life kicked in and I completely forgot about them. So they sat, cold and neglected in my drafts folder, waiting for the day when they might see the sun again (if ever).

My original draft had included links and a big thank you to the two bloggers who had tagged/awarded me, but when I went back through the links, both posts were gone. Both blogs were gone, too. Either they'd been deleted or turned into a private blog. I neglected these things for so long that the bloggers who awarded me had already moved on with their lives. If one of those bloggers is reading this now -- I'm very grateful for your nomination and I apologize that I never got around to finishing a post about it until now.

I'm not huge into the awards now, but one of these had some tag questions that I thought would be fun to answer. Who doesn't like a fun tag? I love reading them on other people's blog because it's like one of those "Get out of jail free" cards from Monopoly -- except it's a free card for blog readers to snoop and learn interesting tidbits about the blog writer's life. Yes, I'm curious. And I apologize -- I have no idea with which award these questions go to.

~*~


 1. What type of music do you listen to? (Genre, artists, songs?)


Honestly? Mostly soundtracks. For writing, I prefer composers like James Newton Howard, Patrick Doyle, Alan Silvestri, John Powell, Alexandre Desplat, Andrew Lockington, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams, Howard Shore, James Horner, John Williams... and the list could keep going. 

For cleaning, it's always fun Christmas music or Broadway musicals. And don't start that about Christmas music only being for December. EVERY MONTH IS CHRISTMAS MUSIC MONTH. Broadway... too many favorites. I would end up keeping you for hours. 

For general listening, I enjoy sacred albums from conservative groups like The Wilds or Soundforth. Or some good Emile Pandolfi, Sir James Galloway, or Andrea Bochelli. Tchaikovsky is my favorite classical composer, hands down. I could listen to the entire Swan Lake ballet on repeat. AND I HAVE. No regrets. 

~*~


2. What usually cheers you up?


My husband. :) I know it's cliche, but he always knows how to make me smile. It doesn't take him long at all to figure out my mood; he knows me sometimes better than I know myself. 

And while he's at work, I cuddle with my baby. She's almost 3 months old now and getting to the stage where she wants to "talk" and make the most adorable baby noises. Also, she's super cute. 


~*~

3. What makes you sad?


Watching my husband leave for work. I am so grateful he has a job, but watching him walk out and then watching the car drive away is devastating for me. So, typically, I can't watch him leave. If I'm tired enough after a rough night with baby, I'll start crying. I didn't use to be an emotional mess... and then I got married. I tell my husband it's his fault I'm so emotional now. 

~*~

4. Is there something you constantly misplace at your house or anywhere?


I'm sure we'll be losing things more and more as baby starts to get older. For now... probably my water bottle. Or baby wipes -- I have a million packages all around the house, but unless it's in plain sight, I don't usually remember where I left the last package.

~*~

5. Do you have a favorite book? Why or why not?


I do not have a favorite book. Because I have favorite bookSSSSSS. I honestly don't understand how people can only have one favorite book. It'd be like living life with only one favorite meal. You just can't do it. There will always be more than one.

~*~

6. What is the longest you have slept?


Recently? 7 hours. Which for me is really good. #newmom I don't know that I've slept longer than 8 hours at a time in the last 4 years. I get tired, but I can't seem to stay asleep for long amounts of time. If someone has the secret to napping, please let me know. I would send you all the virtual gingerbread you want for a secret like that.

~*~

7. Do you have anyone you go to for advice?


I always talk to my husband first (no brainer). Personally, I think he's a genius in every area of life (I mean, seriously -- he's getting a doctorate!!). Before I was married I always went to my dad, and I still do ask for his opinion on a lot of stuff. Unless it's baby advice... then I talk to my mom (who's had 6 kids) or my two sisters (who worked for a combined 6 years in daycare). 

~*~

8. What is the one habit you are proud of breaking or want to break?


One habit I'd like to break? Biting my nails. I don't gnaw and chew on them endlessly, but I'm constantly forgetting where the nail clippers are. My husband has a specific spot for them in the house, but I can't ever remember it. (I guess this would be the correct answer for #4 above; technically, they're not lost -- I just don't remember where to look, or sometimes just to actually look.) I just think, Wow, those are long. I could hurt baby. And then I quickly take care of them.

~*~

9. What do you usually order at a restaurant? What is your favorite restaurant?


BEEF. Of any kind. I am a steak, burger, complete cow girl, hands down. I'm open to other options, of course, but I don't cook with beef very often at home, so when we go out, I like getting that.

I don't know that I go out to eat often enough to have a favorite restaurant. My husband recently treated me to Steak 'N Shake for the first time for our anniversary, and IT WAS AMAZING. I got a delicious burger AND a mint Oreo milkshake. Basically, paradise in one meal.

~*~

10. What is your favorite word? Least favorite?


Fika. The Swedish word for "coffee break" -- translated loosely. It involves coffee, friends, and something sweet to eat, and I normally try to have my fika every day. Lately, I've been substituting hot chocolate for the coffee (because of my other favorite word "mama"), but it's still awesome. 

Least favorite? Good-bye. For obvious reasons. 

~*~

11. Describe something that happened to you for which there was no reasonable explanation?


Give me a minute. I'm sure there's something; I'm just not thinking of anything right now.

While working at the library, I found two $10 Walmart giftcards (on separate occasions). I tried to track down each time the person who'd lost the card, but both times was unsuccessful. Every email I sent came back negative, and no one called in for a lost giftcard. After letting them sit in the library safe for a month, my boss let me take the cards. One of the cards I found during the summer, but the other was during the school year, and I thought it really weird that I was the one who ended up finding and keeping both when I had another twenty coworkers who could have found one of the cards. I was sorry I couldn't return the cards, but it was nice to add it to the week's groceries.

Is that odd enough?

~*~

If anyone would like to steal these questions for his/her own post, please feel free! Or, comment your answers below! I'd love to read your answers -- like I said, I'm a very curious person. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment