Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Did It!


This morning I typed out my 50,000th word. 

NaNoWriMo is officially won.

Those words do not give the excitement I feel bubbling up inside of me right now justice. I never once in my wildest dreams imagined that I could write 50,000 words in exactly twenty one days. Yes! That's right! I finished the challenge 9 days early! 

Yeah, I know. I can't believe it either. Especially since I usually frantically type out my last few hundred words on the very last day of the month. I'm beyond ecstasy thinking of the new 50K words that are now a part of Children of a Legend.


I can't make this a long post due to the fact that my assistance is needed in the kitchen today (is anyone else astonished beyond reason that Thanksgiving is TOMORROW?!), but I just wanted to share the glorious news with you all. And some stats, of course. :)

My total written this month (so far): 50,000

My average per day: 2,380

Best writing day: November 20th with 5,465 words

Worst writing day: November 4th with 853 words

April NaNo: 50,036

June NaNo: 50,176

Words written July to October: 1,822 

Final word count for CoaL: 152,034

And that's not the end, people. I've finally given in and decided that CoaL is a series, not just a single book. However, I'm about 3,000 words away from the end of this first book. And don't worry... I'll share snippets of what I wrote next week!

I wish all my friends in NaNo great success in writing. And Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!

God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting!!!! Way to go and in 21 days!!!! AMAZING!!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. And congratulations.

    *looks down at my pitiful wordcount of 16,600 words and sighs* Oh, well.

    150,000 words! I wish I could come up with something that epic. I seem to have a talent for saying in three hundred words what most people would take three thousand to write.

    But, anyways, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!!!

    Wow!!! 21 days!!!

    Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    God Bless!
    ~The Keller Girls~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contrats, Kiri!!!! I knew you could and would finish early! Enjoy your NaNo spoils! And all the bragging rights you can handle. ;-)
    I still have 12k to go. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, good for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Kiri Liz! And happy Thanksgiving! See you next month, and I hope you have something finished for me to read then... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY, KIRI!!!!

    Congratulations!

    You sound like me, my books always end up really long. But I think the longer a book is, the better! I look forward to seeing snippets. :D

    Also, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you've had a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very exciting!!!! Congratulations on all the hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete