Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today I Am... {3}


I suppose I should have warned you all that during this hectic month of November there will be a lack of posts here on Lianne Taimenlore. Well, on all my blogs, really. Almost all my computer time is spent working on NaNo, and in addition to that, I've been teaching school to my sister, Teddy, and my family is working on practicing Christmas music for our engagements in December. I apologize for appearing on blogger few and far between, but that's life. I hope you understand. 


{writing}
Children of a Legend. It's NaNo, and I've been feverishly typing away at my keyboard, trying to get in as many words as I can before the dreaded November 30th. Actually, I probably shouldn't call it "dreaded" as even though it's the end of NaNo, it's also my dad's birthday. Hmm... Anywho. My goal has been to write 2,000 words a day so that I may be able to safely skip (if I want) writing on Sundays and Thanksgiving. At the moment, I am 3 days ahead of par with a total of 27,552 words. Yes, I am VERY happy about that. 

{reading}
I just finished Hard Times, and I literally just cracked the cover on a new book, My Philadelphia Father by Cornelia Drexel Biddle. Those of you who recognize that name... this is the true story upon which one of my favorite movies The Happiest Millionaire is based. I only just started reading it, so I have no idea what to expect from the book. Let's see how closely the movie is to the original, shall we? 
Oh! And a small note on Hard Times: it was my fifth Dickens book this year, giving me the honor of successfully finishing my Charles Dickens Reading Challenge. I shall have to do a post commemorating the occasion and telling you all what I thought of what I read.

{listening}
To inspiring writing music. I made myself a playlist of writing music and although I don't listen to it every day as I write, I'm finding that I've been playing an awful lot of songs from the HTTYD CD. The common theme between my story and that movie of dragons sort of officially makes it the soundtrack for my book. Sort of. I like to think of it that way, but in reality, How To Train Your Dragon is rather unlike Children of a Legend.

{watching}
Christmas is nearing quickly, so my family has been enjoying watching Christmas movies lately. Last night, we watched Snowball Express with Dean Jones in it. It's actually not about Christmas, more just winter, and it was hilarious! We all laughed until our ribs hurt as the father (Dean Jones) skied down a slope known as Nightmare Alley. And yes, he was the type of person who knew nothing whatsoever about skiing. Epic.

{sewing}
Nothing now, but I have many sewing plans for the future, including making some new church dresses/jumpers for KT Bugs and sewing Christmas presents, but I cannot tell you what I shall be making lest the recipient reads this post and discovers the secret before the big day!

{looking}
Outside and wishing for snow. Quite a few of my friends on and off blogger have said things about the joys of the snow falling outside their window, and I'm feeling a little left out. We have a small spattering of snow on the ground when we woke up the other day, but it quickly melted before noon. 

{learning}
That I do not write well when I have blogger and pinterest open for inspiration. Sure, they're very inspiring, but I've discovered my writing slows when I'm getting inspired via these sites. I have to confess that I've actually turned off the internet completely on my laptop at times so I can focus solely on writing. Please tell me I'm not the only one...

{feeling}
Excited for a number of reasons, the biggest two being: #1 - Thanksgiving is next week! And #2 - My cousin Captain Oblivious has been in Montana working for the past 5 or 6 weeks, and he'll be home soon! We are very greatly missing him. 

{anticipating}
A great holiday season. Why? Read on, Lizzy!
Firstly, we're planning a sleepover with our classy blood cousins the day before Thanksgiving so we can make pies for the next day. This has become a tradition in our family, and we're rather excited to be continuing the custom. 
Secondly, my family has (I believe) four Christmas concerts scheduled for the month of December, so we've been practicing. Sure, the practice gets difficult at times, but I love singing Christmas music. 
Thirdly, our blood cousins' blood cousins are coming up for Christmas this year, so after years of hearing about them, we are finally getting to meet them! 
And lastly, our CBCs are coming for a visit at New Years! As for fun there, I need not tell you all that we shall do, for it will only make you sadly envious of us.
See? It's going to be a great holiday season. Praise be to the Lord for this wonderful time of the year!

{wishing}
I can't think of anything that I'm wishing for off the top of my head. Only that I wish I could write more than 2,000 words a day on my story to really boost my NaNo word count.

{loving}
Music. Christmas. Epic soundtracks. Classical. 'Nuff said.

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Yah, you're beating me at the NaNo count. There have been days where I haven't even been able to get myself to put out a whole 2,000 and there was one day where I didn't get anything written. :-P
    So, steady is a good thing. Keep up the good steady work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a head on your count. That is always a nice feeling, because things happen in the month, and sometimes you loose days. I hope you are able to find time for everything without falling over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiri Liz!

    Just wanted to let you know that we LOVE your blog(s) and that we've awarded you over at Violets and Daisies!!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete