Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Countdown To The Hobbit

If you noticed anything different about this blog, you should have. I've added a fun gadget on the side, informing one and all about the release of the latest Tolkien film. 


Personally, The Lord of the Rings is one of my absolute favorite movies, and I can't wait to see The Hobbit! Unfortunately, when your family is as large as mine (I have five other siblings), watching new movies means waiting for them to come out on DVD instead of going to see them in the theaters. 


But about The Hobbit... I first read the book when I was thirteen and liked it. I can't say that on the first reading I was immediately and totally hooked and in love with the whole world of Middle Earth. Tolkien is one of those writers whose writing is difficult to understand the first time through. It actually wasn't until I had read all four books (The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King) and seen the wonderful film adaption that I became an avid fan. 


So, am I disappointed that The Hobbit will be filmed as a two part movie rather than just one? Not at all! I think that with all of the stuff in The Hobbit, it would be difficult to put it all in one movie and still have it be a credit to the book. I'm hoping that with this longer version, they'll be able to stay more true to the book and original story. Although, I am one of those fans who is wondering about the appearance of Legolas. I am happy they are bringing back the same actors that were in The Lord of the Rings films and really linking all the films together, but Legolas was never actually mentioned in The Hobbit... 


So, if you've never read nor seen The Lord of the Rings, I would highly recommend it. Don't let the long pages and big words deter you from the books. They're just as good as the movies. And we all shall wait (almost patiently) for the newest addition to the wonderful world of Middle Earth: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment